These Deployment Notes contain a summary of the changes made to the Echo360 platform for the May 17-18, 2022 production deployments. For changes made in previous deployments, see the other Release/Deployment Notes articles located here in the online resource center, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Deployment Schedule
In order to accommodate the US Memorial Day holiday, Echo360 will be skipping the deployment that would otherwise occur in the first week of June, per our normal two-week deployment schedule.
Therefore, the next deployments will occur as follows:
- May 17-18, 2022 (this one)
- June 14-15, 2022 (4 weeks after previous)
New and Improved!
You can now Add and Remove Tracks from Media
Add and Remove tracks allows you to start with a piece of media with one track and add other tracks to it (up to a total of 3 tracks). Or, conversely, you can start with a piece of media that has multiple tracks and remove or replace tracks down to 1 remaining track. You can continue to trim segments from both the original and the added media until you have a compilation that works for you.
This feature allows you to stitch together recordings that may have been captured separately for whatever reason, but are better viewed together. It also allows you to remove or replace input sources that are not wanted, perhaps due to not recording correctly.
For more information, see Adding, Removing, and Replacing Video or Audio Tracks.
Reminder of upcoming API Report deprecations
Reminding users that version 1 of both the Polling by User Report and the Question & Answer report are scheduled to be deprecated as of June 30, 2022. This was announced in previous deployment notes, and the online documentation contains callouts to this effect.
For information on using the newer versions of these reports, see:
Users can no longer change institutions from within Echo360
In order to address security issues, along with accommodation for authorization configurations that differ between institutions, users who are enrolled in more than one institution/tenant must now log out and log back in to change institutions. Echo360 no longer provides the ability to change institutions from within the product.
Bug Fixes and Other Improvements
- Each configuration type on the Admin Configuration page (Player Styles, LMS, IP Cameras, etc.) now has its own unique URL that can be bookmarked for easy reference.
- Updated the documentation for in-browser capture to note that use of incognito windows is not supported.
- Resolved an issue where administrators could not edit polls from within a collection.
- Resolved an issue where administrators could not delete collections via the collection tile menu.
- Resolved an issue where some captures could fail to process due to a QuickPlay error. All previous captures that failed due to this issue can now be reprocessed successfully.