As stated previously, we rolled back our deployment slated for March 8-9 due to a video playback issue discovered in our Asia Pacific region. We did so to enable our engineering team to develop and test a fix for the playback issue prior to deploying our new release. We are happy to announce that our engineering team has successfully developed and tested a fix for this issue ahead of schedule and we are able to bring this new release to our customers today and tomorrow. We will deploy this update to our Europe & Middle East customers this evening, followed by our United States and Canadian regions on the morning of March 10th, after which we will deploy this release to our Asia Pacific region, also on March 10th.
Due to a playback issue discovered following this week’s Echo360 deployment (undertaken on 8 March 2022), we rolled back this platform update and were targeting a 22-23 March 2022 deployment, pending further testing. A full incident report about the issue will be published on our status page in the next few business days.
Should you have any questions regarding this update or Echo360's deployments in general, please contact your Echo360 representative.
These Deployment Notes contain a summary of the changes made to the Echo360 platform for the March 8-9, 2022 production deployments. For changes made in previous deployments, see the other Release/Deployment Notes articles located here in the online resource center, or contact email@example.com.
New and Improved!
Collections Enrollment Link for easily adding new members
Collections now provide an Auto-Enroll link, which allows Collection Managers to distribute the link and let users enroll themselves into the collection. The link can be emailed or posted anywhere, and can be turned on and off, as needed, to open and close enrollment into the collection.
For more information, see Adding Collection Members via Enrollment Link.
Easier to use LMS Embed Media workflow
We have improved the workflow for embedding Echo360 media into your LMS/VLE courses, allowing better visibility of the available media as well easier to use playback selection options.
For more information, see Embedding Echo360 Media into your LMS/VLE Course.
New Question and Answer report in the Reporting API
Our new Question and Answer report in the Reporting API adds history information for each question and answer. Now you can report on edited or deleted questions and answers, in addition to seeing when they were first posted. The original report is also still available – existing API calls to that version of the report remain the same.
Please Note: The new (V2) version of the Question and Answer report is replacing the previous (V1) version of the report. The previous version will be deprecated on June 30, 2022. Please transition to using the V2 version as soon as is feasible for your institution.
Bugs and other Issues Addressed
- Addressed a variety of interface issues surrounding the new consolidated Analytics page for LMS/VLE courses.
- Responses for polls that do not have a correct answer identified are now no longer being shown as "incorrect" when instructors select to view a student's submission.
- Moodle courses with an ampersand (&) in the name now properly show the character in the LMS course lookup for capture scheduling, instead of "&".
- Resolved an accessibility issue in the Media Editor where the keyboard shortcuts in the player were still enabled when navigating an open menu.
- Resolved an issue where, in some scenarios, repeatedly pausing/unpausing a video could make one channel of a dual-channel video continue to play even while paused.
- Improved playback buffering in the Legacy Classroom player to improve playback at higher speeds.
- Administrators can once again publish media to courses while it is still in the processing state.
- Addressed a handful of minor interface issues surrounding the new Collections interface and related capabilities.
- Resolved an issue where the capture schedule dialog box would sporadically and temporarily display a "timeslot occupied" error if cached scheduling changes had not yet cleared.
- Resolved an issue with the Videos report, accessed from the Administrator dashboard, where the Last Viewing Date was showing incorrect timestamps.