These Release Notes contain a summary of changes made for the November 30-December 1, 2021 release of Echo360. For changes made in previous deployments, see the other Release Notes articles located in this Topic group, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Deployment Schedule
Echo360 and its employees will be observing the year-end holidays, and taking some much-needed time off to spend with friends and family. To accommodate the December/January holidays and the vacation time for employees, Echo360 will not be releasing changes at the end of December, as would ordinarily occur with a two-week deployment cycle.
Therefore, the next deployments will occur as follows:
- November 30-December 1, 2021 (this one)
- December 14-15, 2021
- January 11-12, 2022 (4 weeks after previous)
Poll Editor and Interactive Media Editor UI updates – The interface for creating and editing polls, and the interactive media editor have both been updated, making them cleaner and easier to use.
For more information, see Creating Polls and Editing Polls, and the links to the poll-type specific articles contained therein. See also Adding, Editing, and Removing Polls in Interactive Media.
Easier to use Groups Membership Page – We have updated and streamlined the Groups Membership page to be easier and more intuitive to use. We have added pre-configured Access Levels, to more easily add users to a group, or update existing users’ permissions. There is also a Custom access level, allowing for very granular control of any given member’s group media permissions.
See Managing Group Member Rights and Permissions for more information.
Device Software Update: 6.0.737610631
- Fixed an issue with a previous update that intentionally allowed some lower-end USB cameras to work with Echo360 appliances. The issue is that those cameras fail to send an end-of-image (EOI) tag, which eventually caused a memory leak/out-of-memory error on the appliance. Those cameras still work but no longer cause the memory leak. This was released as a hotfix.
- Added a closed captioning track to the Login video on the Echo360 login screen, to provide full accessibility to the visuals in the video (there is no speech). This was released as a hotfix.
- Addressed a handful of minor bugs surrounding the LMS API integrations with Canvas and Blackboard.
- Resolved an issue where keyboard navigation was not working for ordered list polls.
- Resolved an issue where multiple choice polls that had an embedded URL image were not displaying the image in interactive media (presentation polls were not affected).
- Resolved an issue where the help icon on a page was also appearing on any given overlay modal.
- Resolved an issue where a vertical scroll bar was appearing for embedded videos.
- The skip-back/skip-forward buttons are again appearing for 640x420 embedded media.