These Release Notes contain a summary of changes made for the October 19-20, 2021 release of Echo360. For changes made in previous deployments, see the other Release Notes articles located in this Topic group, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Deployment Schedule
Echo360 will be observing the US Election Day as a company holiday, to ensure all US employees are able to exercise their right and civic duty to vote. This year, that day falls on Tuesday November 2, which would otherwise be the first day of production deployments. To accommodate this holiday, Echo360 will be skipping that deployment.
Therefore, the next deployments will occur as follows:
- October 19-20, 2021 (this one)
- November 16-17, 2021 (4 weeks after previous)
OneDrive and Teams Client Secret fields now editable – Microsoft no longer allows Azure app client secrets to have a “never” expiration. To accommodate this, Echo360 has changed the Client Secret field for both the OneDrive and Teams configuration blocks to be editable. This allows admins to update the configured secret when a new one is generated, without having to copy or change any other fields in the configuration block.
Echo360 Reporting API updates – Two changes have been made to the reports available through the Echo360 Reporting API:
- Addition of a new Polling by User Report V2 that encompasses ALL polls and the response actions taken. This new version differs from the original in that the original report included only the “current state” of poll responses. The V2 version provides ALL poll responses, even if edited by the user.
- Updates to the Asset Report and Asset by Date Report so that OneDrive and Zoom recordings are identified individually in the “device” field of those reports. Previously these were identified as "Upload" rather than specifically "OneDrive" or "Zoom".
Updates to the Video Media Editor – The keyboard shortcut keys for “redo” and “clear unsaved changes” have been updated to be more in line with both industry standards and the other available shortcut key options for the editor. In addition, Echo360 now provides entries in the Activity tab of the media details page, citing when a user opens this media in the editor and makes changes, to inform other users that the content may be edited from the original.
Canvas API Integration improvements – Echo360 has added a few improvements as well as addressed a variety of minor but annoying interface bugs to enhance the overall workflow for the Canvas API integration for LMS course capture scheduling.
Documentation Updates – Various fixes and updates to the Echo360 online help, including the addition of a Transcripts vs. Closed Captions article, outlining the differences between the two in both access in the players as well as functionality available to instructors and students.
Device Software Update: 6.0.734327593
- Addressed an issue where a Live stream for a class was showing a stream from a different classroom, though the VOD recording did capture the correct room. This was addressed as a hotfix.
- Resolved an issue where the Asset Report would not complete for some institutions with a very large number of media assets.
- Fixed issue where new installations on UC Mac would sometimes not request screen recording permissions. This was addressed as a hotfix.
- Fixed a rare issue where starting up a live capture on an appliance would sometimes lock the device in Waiting status indefinitely. Live startup now checks for this condition and can resolve it automatically.
- Fixed an issue where if a capture was created in multiple fragments a fragment of the capture could then be viewed and edited prior to complete upload and reassembly in the cloud.
- The keyboard shortcut for Restore to Original in the media editor no longer invokes the action if restoring to original is not an active option.
- Scheduled captures now ignore any changes made to the capture configuration performed within 20 seconds of capture start.
- Fixed an issue in the embedded player where customizations made via the player toolbar settings menu before the media began playing would have to be made again once playback began.
- The Attendees list in the legacy classroom is now completely cleared when a Live stream ends.
- Fixed an issue with the Public API for submitted-capture-uploads where the mediaId value was not being returned if the processing status was “processing-finished”. Now the mediaId value is always returned regardless of the processing status value.
- Addressed a problem where deleting a capture schedule could remove existing classes with existent recordings from the UI as well as removing the future classes created from the schedule.
- Fixed an issue where Universal Capture couldn't connect to certain IP cameras.