These Release Notes contain a summary of changes made for the August 24-25, 2021 release of Echo360. For changes made in previous deployments, see the other Release Notes articles located in this Topic group, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Deployment Schedule
In order to accommodate the US Labor Day holiday, Echo360 will be skipping the deployment that would otherwise occur in the first full week of September, per our normal two-week deployment schedule.
Therefore, the next two deployments will occur as follows:
- August 24-25, 2021 (this one)
- September 21-22, 2021 (4 weeks after previous)
New Self-Paced Getting Started Tutorial for Instructors
While our developers are working hard to bring new features to the product, Echo360 is pleased to announce the launch of our new self-paced tutorial, Getting Instructors Started with Echo360.
We've broken up the information into short, easy to follow segments, that you can review all in one sitting, or review the part you want to see now, coming back later for more. Instructors, especially those who may be new to the platform, should find our coverage of the essential Echo360 functionality and terminology helpful. It also includes links to more detailed information for those interested.
The online tutorial is designed to work in conjunction with the Echo360 support documentation, and can be found by:
- Using the nice, friendly Getting Started for Instructors button located on our main Help page that you can access at support.echo360.com
- Using the link included in our Getting Instructors Started online help page
Echo360 has retested and updated our list of supported USB video cameras - Many of the cameras that had appeared on the list previously have simply been recertified, and a few newer cameras now appear on the list. See Supported Input Devices for Capture Appliances and Supported Devices for Universal Capture Software for the updated list.
Updated Sakai Plugin – The Echo360 embed media plugin for Sakai has been updated to support Sakai 20.3. Please download and install the new plugin if you are upgrading your Sakai installation to 20.3.
Common download modal now used throughout Echo360 - The Download Assets modal that appears when selecting to download Echo360 media from some locations is now being used consistently across the platform, providing a universal experience for users.
Documentation updates - Several documentation updates including new images for Brightspace/D2L content windows showing their new Insert Stuff button, as well as the new Getting Instructors Started help page mentioned in the New Features section above.
Device Software Update: 6.0.729406812
- Addressed an issue with the Audit Trail report for administrators, where using a date range filter causes the report records to be repeated after page 6.
- Echo360 has addressed an issue where users viewing (but not actively interacting with) a very long video could stop generating view analytics after a significant time.
Resolved an issue where all users discussion posts to interactive media classrooms were being incorrectly labeled with “Instructor”.
- Fixed an issue with Universal Capture: Personal where, in rare cases, the content upload could be stuck indefinitely after a live recording.
- Resolved an issue surrounding end-users needing to update the system trust certificate in order to download Universal Capture software for macOS, by supporting pre-installation of the certificate by the institution using remote management software.
- Fixed an issue where gray lines would appear in images while using the C920s USB camera with capture appliances.
- Fixed a problem with the poll justification text box being partially hidden by the video source in some classroom layouts.
- Resolved a problem where if a user cancelled creating a polling slide in a presentation, adding a new poll would be blocked until the user refreshed the page.