These Release Notes contain a summary of changes made for the August 10-11, 2021 release of Echo360. For changes made in previous deployments, see the other Release Notes articles located in this Topic group, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Deployment Schedule
In order to accommodate the US Labor Day holiday, Echo360 will be skipping the deployment that would otherwise occur in the first full week of September, per our normal two-week deployment schedule.
Therefore, the next few deployments will occur as follows:
- August 10-11, 2021 (this one)
- August 24-25, 2021
- September 21-22, 2021 (4 weeks after previous)
Echo360 has added Speechmatics as a transcription provider – Echo360 continues to partner with multiple transcription providers for Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR) services, in order to deliver the highest level of transcription accuracy and service at the lowest costs.
If you are interested in learning more about Echo360’s transcription providers, contact your customer success representative, or Echo360 Support.
If you want more information about the ASR service provided by Echo360, see Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR) Service for Media Transcription.
Echo360 now supports Verbit captioning service – Echo360 has added closed captioning integration support for customers who contract directly with Verbit closed captioning service.
For more information on partnering with Verbit for your closed captioning needs, see verbit.ai.
For more information on closed captioning with Echo360, see Configuring Closed Captioning.
Updates to the Accuracy selections for Cielo24 configuration – On the subject of closed captioning in Echo360, we have also updated the Accuracy selection options for Cielo24, to match the accuracy rates and tier offerings provided by the vendor.
Device Software Update: 6.0.728094932
- Resolved issues surrounding inconsistent search results when searching across a section.
- Resolved an issue where resizing the media selection list window would sometimes result in multiple scrollbars appearing.
- Resolved an issue where the expand button was not appearing for some LMS-embedded media.
- Resolved an issue where Shift++ and Shift+- key combinations that use the numeric keypad did not work to zoom in and out of the media timeline in the media editor.
- Addressed an issue where students viewing interactive media could be presented with an unexpected download dialog box immediately after answering the last poll, if they attempted to download the media via keyboard controls prior to poll completion.
- Resolved an issue where users could render a page unusable when trying to copy and paste an active media editor URL into a new incognito window.
- The Start Again button no longer overlaps the playback bar for smaller sized video frames.
- Resolved an issue where media playback in Safari would sometimes require the user to seek ahead or scrub the playhead beyond the beginning in order to start playback.
- Fixed an issue in Universal Capture where a connection to high bit rate input could sometimes be lost on Windows or Mac machines. Did not affect Pro or Pod captures