These Release Notes contain a summary of changes made for the July 27-28, 2021 release of Echo360. For changes made in previous deployments, see the other Release Notes articles located in this Topic group, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Deployment Schedule
In order to accommodate the US Labor Day holiday, Echo360 will be skipping the deployment that would otherwise occur in the first full week of September, per our normal two-week deployment schedule.
Therefore, the next few deployments will occur as follows:
- July 27-28, 2021 (this one)
- August 10-11, 2021
- August 24-25, 2021
- September 21-22, 2021 (4 weeks after previous)
Updated Echo360 Icon for Moodle, and Blackboard LTI Tools - Echo360 has an updated Echo360 Icon image for use with your LMS/VLE tool configurations. The URL to the icon is (replacing the base URL with your regional URL - echo360.net.au, echo360.org.uk, echo360.ca):
The new icon scales well, so resizing within the LMS/VLE interface will display a cleaner, more proportional image. Replace the image you currently have/link to with the new one when possible.
For instructions on adding the icon to Blackboard tools:
For instructions on adding the icon to Moodle tools:
- Adding Echo360 to Moodle as an External LTI Tool
- Adding the Echo360 Library Tool to Moodle
- Adding an Echo360 Media Embed Activity Tool
Device Software Update: 6.0.727399231
- Addressed an issue surrounding users with duplicate email addresses entering Echo360 from their LMS/VLE. This was resolved as a hotfix.
- Resolved an issue surrounding a few institutions being unable to connect to live streams. This was resolved as a hotfix.
- Resolved an issue where users who entered Echo360 through their LMS/VLE could not properly launch a Universal Capture - desktop capture using the Create button in the main menu bar. This was resolved as a hotfix.
- If paging through the Student Responses table in the Polling tab for either a section or the
media details page for interactive media, filtering the responses now returns to a populated
page if the currently viewed page at the time of filtering was beyond the listable results.
- Addressed issues clarifying the confirmation messages users receive when either deleting media or removing shared media from their library.
- Resolved interface issues surrounding the media selection dialog box for Groups.
- Resolved an issue where users attempting to download the attachment on a discussion response would instead get the attachment on the original question/post if there was one.
- Echo360 no longer allows browsers to auto-fill device passwords with browser-stored passwords when administrators access the Room configuration modal.
- Removed the “return/back arrow” from the video media editor, in favor of the browser’s back button, to return users consistently to the page they opened the editor from.