These Release Notes contain a summary of changes made for the June 29-30, 2021 release of Echo360. For changes made in previous deployments, see the other Release Notes articles located in this Topic group, or contact email@example.com.
Sharing interactive media directly to Students is no longer supported - Some Echo360 users were unaware that sharing interactive media directly with student users allows the student to bypass the poll gating feature of interactive media. To address this, Echo360 no longer allows for direct sharing of interactive media to student users. Students can still view interactive media where it is provided FOR them, such as embedded in an LMS, published to a course, or through Groups where they are members.
For more information, see Sharing and Unsharing Media with other Echo360 Users.
Device Software Update: 6.0.723817587
- Section Exports to CSV once again include manually linked LMS courses (through the interface workflow) along with any LMS courses linked via CSV or API by the administrator.
- CSV Update Imports will now clear the External System ID field if the field is left blank in the import file.
- The “New” question tag on the Q&A tab for a section now shows the correct count of unread questions, for All Questions in the section or as filtered for each class as appropriate.
- Addressed missing alt-text entries for SVG elements in media thumbnails and media menu options.
- Section searches for Transcript entries now returns the same results for both Students and Instructor.
- Echo360 now prevents multiple users from being able to create duplicate lessons and collections if working at the same time in the same section.
- Fixed an interface issue in the Class List where the action icons for a class were being hidden by the “question mark” icon for providing user assistance.
- Resolved an issue where users could select “create a presentation” from the section class list icon, but clicking the button multiple times would result in an unusable presentation.
- Addressed a screen reader accessibility issue as well as a keyboard control accessibility issue surrounding ordered list polls.
- Addressed an issue with Safari timing out after 5 minutes and not providing real-time updates in classrooms for changes to polling slides and new Q&A entries in the Discussions panel.
- Resolved an interface issue where long student response justification text was not wrapping correctly if the instructor selected to Show Justification in the Poll Response popup modal.
- Resolved an issue with unexpected search results in the section and media details polling tabs.
- Short answer polls now return the proper error if a user enters more than 60k characters.
- Addressed an issue where Live Streams in APAC region were impacted by the Echo360 domain change. This was released as a Hotfix.
- Addressed an issue where keyboard navigation in the Settings menu of embedded media through an LMS/VLE was also changing the volume of playback.
- Resolved multiple issues surrounding the search feature for the transcript panel in the media player for external media.
- Corrected the verbiage of a confirmation modal presented to administrators when they delete a custom player style.
- Resolved an issue where teaching assistants could download section content from an expired term even if the Out of Term Downloads toggle was off.
- The upload progress bar in Universal Capture now properly updates along with the percentage upload shown.
- Resolved an interface issue with the download media modal for the smallest-size external media player.
- Resolved an interface issue surrounding automatic sizing of the Share Settings modal when using the Links tab to add or remove media links.
- Addressed an issue surrounding tab key behavior for player menus in the media player.
- Resolved an issue where the media thumbnails in the media editor would sometimes not align with the video.