These Release Notes contain a summary of changes made for the June 15-16, 2021 release of Echo360. For changes made in previous deployments, see the other Release Notes articles located in this Topic group, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SPECIAL NOTICES for June 15-16, 2021 Deployment
The Asia Pacific region Echo360 platform domain URL will be changing from echo360.org.au to echo360.net.au. Starting with this deployment, Echo360 will begin the process of migrating customers in this region so that their systems can use the new domain.
As of this deployment, Universal Capture has a new Windows code-signing certificate. For more information, see Universal Capture and Antivirus Software.
Integration with Microsoft OneDrive!
Echo360 now allows for integration with Microsoft OneDrive by creating an App in the Microsoft Azure portal. This integration allows instructors to subscribe to individual OneDrive folders/SharePoint Site Folders and automatically ingest the media files they may store there.
In addition, the OneDrive integration works with Teams SharePoint sites, allowing instructors to tell Echo360 to copy their Teams Meeting recordings into Echo360 and automatically publish them to mapped Echo360 course sections.
For more information, see Overview: OneDrive and Echo360.
More Enhancements to the updated media player!
- Mini-Player Size Option: There is a new smaller size option for creating embeddable media links or when embedding media into an LMS/VLE. This new option, 320x240, allows quality media playback without the need for a lot of space.
- Consolidated Downloads: The downloadable assets for Echo360 media have been combined into a single download button and combined modal. Any time there is anything that can be downloaded for the media, whether it is only the transcript or the actual video and/or audio files, a download button appears below the player.
- The download modal provides links for any items the viewer is authorized to download.
- The download modal can be opened using the button, or by pressing Cmd/Ctrl +D from the player.
- Students viewing interactive media (video with embedded polls) cannot download any portion of the media or transcript until they have responded to all polls. The download control will appear, along with its screen reader notification, after the last poll is answered and downloads become available.
Instructors can now always download course media: We have updated the functionality of the course feature settings so that any restrictions to course media downloads applies ONLY to Students and Teaching Assistants.
For more information, instructors can refer to Allow or Disable Downloading Media from Classes (includes information on audio-only and out of term downloads).
Polling and Response Summary for Media - Now when a particular piece of media that contains polls is selected, the default is to list ALL polls in the media with summary response data for each. Each poll is selectable, so you can see what the poll question was, and a summary of responses to that poll. In addition, each Student listed is also selectable, so you can see each Student’s response to each poll. This change applies to both interactive media and presentations.
For more information, see Viewing Responses to Polling Questions in Class-published Media as well as Viewing Polling Responses in the Media Details Page (interactive media only).
Groups Media Picker Update: The Media Picker for adding media to Groups has been updated to provide a more robust filtering mechanism, and list sorting options. In addition, it is now easier to repeatedly search, sort, filter, and select multiple media items to add your groups.
In addition, the updated media picker also appears when selecting to add Interactive Media to a class, as well as when importing slides to an existing presentation.
For more information, see Adding Media to a Group.
Device Software Update: 6.0.722833295
- Resolved an issue where Universal Capture for the Mac was re-prompting users to allow for Camera and Microphone access after upgrading to macOS 11.4.
This was released as a hotfix.
Users will continue to be prompted to allow for access to the Desktop (Screen Recording) when upgrading to this version due to changes Apple made to counter security issues regarding screen recording permissions.
See Allow Access to Inputs in macOS for more information.
- Resolved an issue where, if a Live capture took place on a device, all subsequent captures on that device would show the Live badge on the Room card.
- When opening the Media Player in full-tab mode, you no longer have to click into the player for shortcut keys to work.
- Using keyboard navigation to open the Shortcut Key Menu in the Media Player now moves focus correctly to the menu.
- Resolved an issue in Safari where some media tiles in both the Library and Groups content page would sometimes be blank or the thumbnail would randomly appear/disappear.
- Users who never responded to any polls in a piece of interactive media and were then deleted from the system are no longer listed in the Polling Tab for the media or in the polling data download file. If a user did respond to at least one poll, but were later deleted, they are still listed as Deleted User along with their data.
- Side-by-side playback of dual video media in the interactive media editor is now playing back more smoothly and without panel overlap.
- Addressed an issue with the accessibility label on the sort arrow (ascending/descending) for library media.