These Release Notes contain a summary of changes made for the May 18-19, 2021 release of Echo360. For changes made in previous deployments, see the other Release Notes articles located in this Topic group, or contact email@example.com.
Upcoming Deployment Schedule
In order to accommodate the US Memorial Day holiday, Echo360 will be skipping the deployment that would otherwise occur in the first week of June, per our normal two-week deployment schedule.
Therefore, the next two deployments will occur as follows:
- May 18-19, 2021 (this one)
- June 15-16, 2021 (4 weeks after previous)
Starting with the June 15-16, 2021 deployment, Universal Capture will use a new Windows code-signing certificate.
More Enhancements to the updated media player!
- Viewing Heatmap Overlay: The heatmap of media views is now available for the updated player, and is able to be turned on by users for Interactive Media published to a course, as well as in the Media Details page for all audio/video/and interactive media. Heatmap is not available for media viewed outside of Echo360 (via posted media links or LMS/VLE embeds).
- Player Sizing Responsiveness: When using the external player’s full tab display, the layout responds accordingly down to a minimum width of 320 pixels.
- Sources Control: The player control for changing video sources is now accessed directly from the playback control bar, rather than from inside the settings menu. In addition, the Sources button only appears if there are multiple visual feeds to choose from. The behavior remains the same, allowing users to select which (or both) visual feeds to view.
- Transcript Panel Close: The transcript panel, when open, now has its own close button. The behavior is the same as using the transcript button on the playback control bar to toggle the transcript panel closed.
Zoom Transcribed Recordings will no longer be sent for ASR transcription - If the Echo360 Administrator has enabled the Zoom Transcript Ingest feature, Echo360 will no longer send those recordings to Amazon for automated Transcriptioning. This allows for the ASR Media toggle(s) to be turned on, allowing all other media to be transcribed as needed, without requesting transcripts for media that is already being transcribed by Zoom.
Several improvements have been made to Universal Capture (UC):
- If you launch the local installation of UC from the Create menu when you are on a Course/Section page, UC will now automatically update to publish your recording to that section.
- The User Details section now displays your profile picture.
- The recording control buttons (stop, pause/resume, and cancel) now have tooltips.
Device Software Update: 6.0.720934484
- The following Issues were released as a hotfix:
- Resolved an issue where Institutions created before 2017, that had never set their own Institution logo, were not able to load the Player Styles Configuration page.
- Resolved an issue where both public links and the Player Styles Configuration page were not loading for Institutions if their uploaded Institution logo had a space in the file name.
- Resolved an issue where Universal Capture software captures done at the Highest quality were not able to correctly capture displays set to 1366x768 resolutions.
- Resolved an issue in the Media Editor where you had to click Restore twice in order to actually restore the media to its original state.
- Resolved an issue in the updated player where the transcript was not appearing correctly in tall windows.
- Resolved an issue in the updated player where using keyboard controls to navigate to a particular cue when searching the transcript was not setting the playback time to that cue.
- Updated the message displayed for content embedded in the LMS to show the correct message if the content is still processing.
- Resolved an interface issue where longer class names were not being wrapped properly in the class pop-up modal from the course Analytics page.
- Echo360 now prohibits users from changing the date/time for classes that are created through a capture schedule, to address a confusing interface issue caused by the relationship between the schedule and the resulting classes.
- Addressed an issue where ordered list poll answers could become difficult for students to re-order when viewing within an LMS/VLE embedded frame.
- Resolved an issue where the Date column for student polling responses was not sorting properly when there were blank date entries (students had not responded).