These Release Notes contain a summary of changes made for the May 04-05, 2021 release of Echo360. For changes made in previous deployments, see the other Release Notes articles located in this Topic group, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Deployment Schedule
In order to accommodate the US Memorial Day holiday, Echo360 will be skipping the deployment that would otherwise occur in the first week of June, per our normal two-week deployment schedule.
Therefore, the next few deployments will occur as follows:
- May 04-05, 2021 (this one)
- May 18-19, 2021
- June 15-16, 2021 (4 weeks after previous)
Player Customization is here!
Administrators can now configure and manage multiple custom player styles. These styles are applied when viewing and creating share links and embedding content into an LMS using the Easy Embed workflow.
For more information, see Configuring Player Styles.
Users can now Clone Groups
Echo360 users who are Group owners can now make clones or copies of a Group that contains all the same media as the original. This removes the need to re-share media to a new group, and allows the user to easily create a similar group but with different members.
For more information, see Cloning a Group.
Pop-up Walk-Through Guide for New Instructors
First-time instructor users in Echo360 are now presented with a new step-through guide, designed to help get them oriented with the Echo360 platform. This guide is enabled for all US, Canadian, and European-hosted customers.
Polls and Interactive Media can now be added to Groups!
Echo360 now allows you to share your polls and your interactive media into groups. This allows for easy sharing of learning materials you have found to be successful with others who may find them just as useful. It also provides an easy-to-access repository for your media, allowing you to find it and use or publish it as needed.
Improved synchronization between the media streams when viewing through the old version of the media player.
Documentation Updates - Added a Universal Capture and Antivirus Software page for administrators, to document any known antivirus configurations that need to be made.
Device Software Update: 6.0.719572636
- Standardized the naming convention of Numeric and Image Polls across the platform.
- Resolved an issue where Polling data downloads had extra columns due to offsets caused by quotation marks and other special characters in the question text.
- Users can now use standard keyboard navigation to access and select media commands in both the media details page for library media and the Groups media details page.
- Resolved a text spacing issue in the confirmation modals that appear in the Transcript Editor when saving an edited transcript as a new version or applying as closed captions.
- Resolved an issue where the average word confidence value for transcripts was being calculated incorrectly if one of the values was a ‘0’.
- Resolved an issue where images in Polls were not appearing for some users in Incognito/Private browsing windows.
- Resolved an issue where authenticated users were no longer seeing the Media Details button for public links.
- Resolved an issue in the new player where a user’s session would expire after 2 hours, even when watching content longer than that.