These Release Notes contain a summary of changes made for the April 06-07, 2021 release of Echo360. For changes made in previous deployments, see the other Release Notes articles located in this Topic group, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Groups have a new look!
The Groups media player is now using the updated player for viewing group content. This is the same updated media player currently in place for viewing content outside of Echo360 and for Interactive Media published to a Course. The Group functionality remains the same.
See Viewing Content in a Group for more information.
The Media Editor has a new look too!
The Media Editor is now using the updated player for previewing content. This is the same updated media player currently in place for viewing content outside of Echo360 and for Interactive Media published to a Course. The Media Editor functionality has not changed.
See Editing Videos for more information.
Several Enhancements to the user experience for media analytics and media and section polling, including:
- On the Analytics tab of the Media Details page, the file date in the file name of the download is now in UTC (Universal Time Code, also known as GMT or Greenwich Mean Time), to match the data on the page.
- In addition, there is now a label in the footer of the Media Details Analytics tab to indicate that the data on the page is in UTC.
- On the Polling tab of the Media Details page as well as on the Polling tab of an Echo360 course, there is now a label in the page footer to indicate that the data on THIS page is provided in local time (localized to the user’s location/time zone setting in Echo360).
Echo360 has begun the process of removing our dependency on third-party cookies when accessing content from outside of our platform.
When viewing content embedded into an LMS/VLE (using the latest, authenticated version of the embed tool) or viewing a public or authenticated share link, third-party cookies are no longer required.
We do not recommend that you change your browser settings yet if you link to your Echo360 Library or an Echo360 Course page (class list) through an LMS/VLE, because these embeds still require cookies.
See the documentation on Recommended Browsers for more information.
Device Software Update: 6.0.716567624
- Resolved an issue where students viewing Echo360 class content through the Mobile apps but with the video playing in the background were not receiving full viewing credit.
- Resolved an issue in the updated player where the Media Details and Download links were appearing while in Fullscreen.
- Resolved an issue in the updated player where users were getting an error message when attempting to download the available Transcript.
- Resolved an issue where leaving a Universal Capture recording paused for 20 minutes would trigger a timeout, causing the recording to be finalized and uploaded. Now you can leave a recording paused indefinitely.
- While making updates to the Media Editor, we resolved the following issues:
- While dragging the playhead across the Editor timeline, it no longer tries to ‘snap’ into specific places.
- Users that do not have any Course enrollments no longer see the “Save course copy” option when saving edits.
- Clicking or tabbing into the manual entry time field will now always select the contents of that field.
- All of the shortcut keys now work regardless of what element has focus.
- The Save As workflow no longer creates a copy of the media in your Library if it fails to Publish to the selected location.
- Fixed an issue on the Admin Dashboard Engagement card, where the data was not showing up for 3/29 & 3/30. This was addressed as a hotfix on 4/1.
- Fixed an issue in the viewSessions report in the Reporting API where Role was showing NULL for some users.
- Resolved an issue where the updated media player would provide a transcript button but display a blank transcript panel if the ASR transcripts were still pending (requested but not yet returned).
- Administrators performing Course searches using Instructor and Term filters now receive accurate results and counts for the sections that apply to both of the selected filters.
- Various fixes to the Class sharing tab in the Share modal for sharing media to a course.
- Addressed an issue where the existence of “-->” characters in a transcript would negate the transcript from being able to be applied as closed captions to the media.
- Resolved an issue surrounding closed captions not appearing for media in the mobile apps if the Delay Media Availability setting is turned on for the section.
- Addressed an issue where students could not re-order the items in an Ordered List poll in Interactive Media using the keyboard.