These Release Notes contain a summary of changes made for the March 23-24, 2021 release of Echo360. For changes made in previous deployments, see the other Release Notes articles located in this Topic group, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Groups now have Download Media permissions - Groups now provide a Download privilege that can be assigned to members of the group. Users given the Download privilege can download the media files from the group to their local machine for offline viewing.
Universal Capture (UC) publishing location preview - In addition to the selected publishing location appearing on the preview screen of Universal Capture (UC) when first loaded, it is now also displayed on the preview screen after making any changes to the publishing location.
Universal Capture: Personal no longer prompts users to allow access when logging into the computer. Instead, a prompt requesting access is only presented after launching the UC: Personal application.
See Allow Access to Inputs in macOS for more information.
SwaggerDocs updates to the Section and Enrollment API entries, including deprecation of "secondaryInstructorID" and addition of "TeachingAssistant" as a valid user role. The Echo360 Public API already had these changes; this update was to the SwaggerDocs describing the API calls.
New documentation article describing how to use Microsoft Excel Pivot Tables to more easily analyze student engagement data exports from Echo360 courses.
Echo360 has made some changes to student viewing analytics to make it less likely (though not impossible) for ad blockers and wide-spectrum blockers to interfere with student viewing data being sent to Echo360. Students are still encouraged to either disable these blockers, or "whitelist" Echo360 in their blocker programs as stated in Recommended Browsers.
Device Software Update: 6.0.715988620
- The video view percentage “rollup” to the course level shown in the course analytics has been updated so that it now ignores classes that do not have a video present.
Resolved several issues surrounding transcripts in the updated Player:
Using keyboard shortcuts to copy/paste transcript content now works correctly.
Transcripts that are gated (because all the polls have not yet been answered) can no longer be downloaded using a keyboard shortcut.
The transcript is now only downloadable if the media itself is also able to be downloaded.
Resolved an issue where downloads were unavailable in the Updated Player for content with no audio track.
- Resolved an issue where we were not capturing all video durations for Windows and Android phones through the Echo360 mobile apps.
Resolved an issue that was causing Safari to get into a bad state when playing Echo360 content, potentially requiring users to re-load the page, resulting in the loss of real-time Discussion updates, etc.
Resolved an issue where audio-only live streams were not able to be streamed correctly
- When sharing media to a class, whatever has been entered on the Classes tab of the Sharing modal is now retained if the user switches tabs before they complete the share.
- The Create a copy command is now disabled for group media that is still in processing (which if selected would result in an error).
- Resolved an issue where users whose role changed from student to instructor via Enrollment API or CSV update were not being granted instructor authorization to access Universal Capture on capture appliances.
- Resolved an issue where if interactive media had an intro clip, students could not reference a location for a Discussions post for interactive media, if the timestamp fell within the duration offset of the intro clip.
- Media icons in a section class list now line up properly in the class list when the number indicator for discussion posts in a class reaches two digits.
- Added to the documentation that the updated course name for LMS courses in the Media Details Polling tab and the accompanying download now includes the course name and the LMS course ID separated by a pipe character.
Resolved an issue where some customers were seeing 500 errors when accessing embedded content in Blackboard that was created with the old building block link format.