These Release Notes contain a summary of changes made for the February 09-10, 2021 release of Echo360. For changes made in previous deployments, see the other Release Notes articles located in this Topic group, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Discussions are now available in the new Echo360 media player
Discussions, which enable comments and replies on media, are now available in the player you see outside of Echo360 for authenticated content embedded in your LMS/VLE courses. Newer versions of the Echo360 easy embed button provide authentication for LMS-embedded content.
More enhancements to the new Echo360 media player - The new player you see when viewing media outside of Echo360, such as public links or embedded media, has gotten some more updates:
- The player controls now overlay the media itself, and fade in and out based on user interaction.
- The player now includes Closed Caption customization options that once set, will be remembered for future use.
- A player shortcut key menu is available when viewing content in a full tab.
- When loading media that you had previously watched some portion of, you are now presented with the option to start over, or you can just click play to resume from where you left off.
- Embedded content now provides additional options below the player, including a button to open the media in a new tab as well as a link to open the Discussions panel (if available).
The Echo360 Reporting API now has two new reports: Media View Sessions and Media View Session Details.
The new reports provide non-aggregated viewing details about user media views from the public player (a public link to the media), from the embedded player (including LMS/VLE embeds of media), and from the media details page for interactive media. Both reports use start date and end date as input for returning a time-range of viewing data.
There is now a maximum limit of 250 captures that can be deleted in a single request from the administrator UI. This helps reduce system load and ensures that all captures and related data can be fully removed.
Device Software Update: 6.0.712359318
- Resolved an issue where instructors were able to delete appliance-generated captures when the institution-level toggle was set to not allow deletes.
- Start and End times as well as auto-play settings for YouTube videos embedded into media slides are now being properly respected on classroom playback.
- Users are no longer receiving an error when attempting to import slides from a shared presentation into a presentation they are editing.
- Resolved an issue where students were receiving misleading errors when trying to access an Echo360 section they were not enrolled in.
- Addressed some issues that may have caused some users to be unable to delete some UC: Personal for Mac captures from their library.
- Uploaded caption files that fail due to a line error (missing line or other issue) now more accurately report which line is the problem to be addressed.
- Removed a reference to “Universal Capture - BETA” where it was appearing for translated interfaces, including Australian and British English.
- Resolved an issue for Safari users where the full screen control would sometimes only expand the media to the width of the embedded iframe.
- Resolved a rare scenario where if you had any audio inputs called “Display”, they would not work with Universal Capture.
- Resolved an issue where input sources available in UC: Online for hardware devices could disappear from the selection menu if there were multiple inputs across channels that had the same name and one was already selected.
- Resolved an issue where creating a copy of a piece of media or creating interactive media could result in captures that never completed processing. If you have any captures currently stuck, you can resolve this by reprocessing them.
Contact email@example.com for any assistance with this issue.