These Release Notes contain a summary of changes made for the January 26-27, 2021 release of Echo360. For changes made in previous deployments, see the other Release Notes articles located in this Topic group, or contact email@example.com.
As you may be aware, Echo360 has now completed the End of Life (EOL) process for the SafeCapture HD (SCHD). As of December 30th, 2020, the SCHD has officially reached EOL. This means that:
- Echo360 will no longer ensure functionality of the SCHD appliance in any way.
- Echo360 will no longer test the SCHD on new cloud service releases.
- The Echo360 Support Team will no longer continue to diagnose or solve issues impacting SCHD units still in the field at that time.
You may continue to use functioning SCHDs for as long as you wish; however, we can no longer guarantee the functionality of hardware/software compatibility with the Echo360 cloud platform. If you have any questions about your transition to another capture method, please contact your Echo360 representative.
Zoom LTI Pro Integration with Echo360 - Echo360 now supports the use of the Zoom LTI Pro app within your LMS. Installation and configuration of Zoom LTI Pro allows instructors to schedule their Zoom class meetings through their LMS courses, then automatically publishes those meeting recordings to the linked Echo360 sections.
For more information, see Overview - Zoom LTI Pro with Echo360 and your LMS/VLE.
Groups now have Copy Media permissions - Groups now provide a Copy privilege that can be assigned to members of the group. Users given the Copy privilege can make their own copies of the media in the group. Those copies are owned by that user and appear in their content library.
Enhancements to the new Echo360 embedded media player - The player you see when playing media outside of Echo360, via public links or embedded media has gotten some updates:
- When loading content that you have viewed before, the Echo360 media player now remembers the timestamp of your prior position and loads from that point.
- The player now includes a full-screen option, allowing you to view the media using your full device screen on browsers that support full screen video. This is in addition to the option already available to expand the video to the full width of your browser window when viewing media in its own browser tab.
- When playing audio-only source media, the player now displays a static image in the video panel during playback.
The currently active Echo360 section is now the default publishing location for ad hoc captures. Selecting Create > Start Capture to generate an ad hoc capture while you are in a section now pre-populates the publishing location with that section, removing the need for you to select it from a list. You can still select a different publishing location if needed.
Device Software Update: 6.0.710554790
- Resolved an issue where clicking on the New Player screen caused playback to play/pause, potentially interfering with poll submission. This was released as a hotfix.
- Resolved an issue where user average view percentages for media were off by 1%, due to the calculation not taking into account the length of intro and outro clips added to the media.
- Updates made to the CSV Import interface and sample downloads to fix incorrectly identified time zone identifiers (e.g., US/EAST to US/Eastern).
- Updated the API call for 3Play to address an issue surrounding captions not being returned for some institutions.