These Release Notes contain a summary of changes made for the January 12-13, 2021 release of Echo360. For changes made in previous deployments, see the other Release Notes articles located in this Topic group, or contact email@example.com.
As you may be aware, Echo360 has now completed the End of Life (EOL) process for the SafeCapture HD (SCHD). As of December 30th, 2020, the SCHD has officially reached EOL. This means that:
- Echo360 will no longer ensure functionality of the SCHD appliance in any way.
- Echo360 will no longer test the SCHD on new cloud service releases.
- The Echo360 Support Team will no longer continue to diagnose or solve issues impacting SCHD units still in the field at that time.
You may continue to use functioning SCHDs for as long as you wish; however, we can no longer guarantee the functionality of hardware/software compatibility with the Echo360 cloud platform. If you have any questions about your transition to another capture method, please contact your Echo360 representative.
ASR Language Detection now available! Echo360 now supports the ability to have automated transcripts generated in the primary language spoken for the media. Once enabled, the feature tells the Amazon Speech Recognition service to identify the main language being used and provide the whole transcript in that language. The supported languages include those listed here: https://docs.aws.amazon.com/transcribe/latest/dg/what-is-transcribe.html
For more information, see Enable or Disable ASR Language Detection.
Echo360 now supports embedding media into Blackboard Ultra Courses. Blackboard Administrators can now create a “deep link” placement for Echo360 that allows end users to embed their Echo360 media into Ultra-enabled courses. The deep-link placement appears as a selectable tool in the Blackboard Content Market
For more information, see: Creating a Placement for Embedding Echo360 Media in Ultra-enabled Courses (for Administrators) and Embedding Echo360 Media in Ultra-enabled Courses (for Instructors/TAs/Students).
- The Polling tab for Interactive Media now provides summary information about student responses to Multiple Choice and Short Answer polls. For more information, see Viewing Student Responses to Interactive Media Polls.
- The Start Capture dialog box now provides a default for Duration settings. When launched, the default duration for an ad hoc capture is set to 1 hour. If the Hours setting is changed to zero, the Minutes setting automatically changes to 5 (because you MUST have a duration in order to start a capture).
- Improved the device software deployment process to prioritize devices based on time zone and recent device activity.
- Various improvements to the quality of Media Processing
- Device Software Update: 6.0.709867911
- Resolved several issues surrounding section filtering and refreshing the view on the administrator Course page.
- Echo360 now allows for upload of a valid UTF-8-BOM VTT file from MS Streams as a media transcript.
- Addressed several interface issues surrounding sharing media from Groups.
- When creating a New Device Capture, the Check Capture button to launch Universal Capture: Online will now only appear if UC is accessible for the selected Room/Device.
- Resolved an issue where the Universal Capture application was not always minimizing itself while capturing a Display when starting a recording.
- Resolved an issue where, if a user edited a capture and used Save As, then deleted the new copy before it was finished processing, the original capture would become not editable. This occurred because the deletion of the copy during processing also caused deletion of the master media from which the original was generated.
- Resolved an issue with Big Sur (macOS 11.0) that caused Universal Capture to intermittently drop inputs.