These Release Notes contain a summary of changes made for the December 1-2, 2020 release of Echo360. For changes made in previous deployments, see the other Release Notes articles located in this Topic group, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
As you may be aware, Echo360 is in the End of Life (EOL) process for the SafeCapture HD (SCHD). We plan to phase out both technical support and functional support in the platform over the following timeline:
- April 1st, 2020: Echo360 has ended Software Support
Echo360 is no longer providing software updates for the SCHD appliance. This policy applies to enhancements, bug fixes, and security patches. Echo360 will continue to test SCHD appliances with improving versions of the Echo360 cloud platform until the End of Life date. In addition, the Echo360 Support Team will continue to assist customers with configuring and managing SCHD appliances until the End of Life date.
- December 30th, 2020: End of Life
Echo360 will no longer ensure functionality of the SCHD appliance in any way. Echo360 will no longer test the SCHD on new cloud service releases and the Echo360 Support Team will no longer continue to diagnose or solve issues impacting SCHD units still in the field at that time.
You may continue to use functioning SCHDs for as long as you wish; however, we cannot guarantee the functionality of hardware/software compatibility with the Echo360 cloud platform past the above dates. If you have any questions about your transition to another capture method, please contact your Echo360 representative.
Upcoming Deployment Schedule
In order to accommodate the year-end holidays, Echo360 will be skipping the deployment that would otherwise occur the last week of December, per our normal two-week deployment schedule.
Therefore, the next few deployments will occur as follows:
- Dec 1-2, 2020 (this one)
- Dec 15-16, 2020
- Jan 12-13, 2021 (4 weeks after previous)
Interactive Media poll question response data can now be downloaded. The Polling tab in the media details page for interactive media (video with embedded polls) now has a Download Data button. The file downloaded lists each embedded polling question along with each student’s response to the question. It also shows instances where a student viewed the question but did not respond.
See Downloading Student Responses to Interactive Media Polls for more information.
All Polls now allow for Instructor feedback to students after responding. All polls, whether used in a presentation or in interactive media now provide Feedback fields. These text fields allow instructors to provide correct or incorrect answer feedback to students, and/or generalized feedback for the poll. The feedback fields allow entry of up to 1000 characters.
See Creating a Poll for more information and further links to detailed instructions.
Ad Hoc Capture success confirmation and Universal Capture monitoring now available. When creating a New Device ad hoc capture, users are now presented with a Success message that the capture request was sent to the device. Also, if enabled, Instructors are provided with a link to Universal Capture: Online to monitor and control the recording.
See Creating a New Device Ad Hoc Capture, Enable or Disable the Ad Hoc Capture for Instructors, and Enable or Disable Universal Capture Features for more information.
Device Software Update: 6.0.705881774
- When editing video media then using the Save As feature to create a new version, the Created date for the new media will now be the date/time the new media was created rather than the create date/time of the original media.
- Better error messaging is now being provided to users for incomplete or invalid entries when creating or editing Numerical polling questions, specifically for the answer fields
- Resolved an issue where the older CSV import sample file downloads were having their file name (e.g., csv) prepended with a series of randomized characters.
- Resolved an issue surrounding keyboard arrow and fast forward/rewind button navigation of interactive media playback where polls are placed within 10 seconds of each other.
- Resolved an issue where the viewing dates in the Analytics tab of the media details page appeared to be inconsistent due to some being in local time and some being in UTC (universal time code). Those dates/times are now being shown in UTC throughout the page.
- The Pod will now attempt to recover from bad state by attempting to reboot if it becomes unable to write to the /tmp area.
- Added logging surrounding the passing of the capture initiator within Universal Capture to prevent a mis-match which could potentially cause ongoing recordings to stop on their own.
- Ensured users who already have student permissions in Echo360 who then access Echo360 via an LMS/VLE course as an instructor are properly granted the instructor role, including rights to access Universal Capture on a managed capture device.