These Release Notes contain a summary of changes made for the August 25-26, 2020 release of Echo360. For changes made in previous deployments, see the other Release Notes articles located in this Topic group, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Deployment Schedule
To accommodate the US Labor Day holiday, our typical two-week deployment schedule will skip the release that would otherwise be slated for the week of September 7, 2020.
Our deployment dates for the upcoming releases are as follows:
- August 25-26 (this one)
- September 22-23 (four weeks from previous)
Media Based Analytics are now available!
Echo360 now provides detailed viewing analytics for video, audio, and interactive media on the Media Details page. The Analytics tab that previously contained only basic overview data on the views of the media, now contains more detailed information, including Anonymous and Authenticated user views, a view graph by month, and tables showing details surrounding where the views were performed (in an Echo360 course, in an LMS course, and non-course-related viewing.
See View Analytics on the Media Details Page for more information.
Capture Cards for external Video/Audio Sources are now supported by Universal Capture Windows!
Users can now use Capture Cards for recording input from external video/audio sources from their Windows computers with Universal Capture installed.
See Capture Card Support for more information about specific device support.
Media Details page has been redesigned
In order to accommodate the new, more robust Analytics data cited above, the media details page has been redesigned to be easier to use. The tabs available have been consolidated on the left side of the page, making it easier to find and use the functionality available.
See The Media Details Page for more information.
Speaker names are now displayed in the Transcript Panel when viewing content outside of Echo360. This applies to public links and LMS/VLE embedded videos and links.
Echo360 API now allows for bulk assignment of alternate email addresses for Zoom integration for users who log in through an SSO or other authentication mechanism. Contact email@example.com if you need information on using these new calls.
Device Software Update: 6.0.697857938
NOTE: The Device Software Update entry is only included when an update is being deployed; the legacy software version is NOT likely to change often, and it is not included if no updates are being deployed.
- Activity slides in class presentation decks now load properly for users in the Mobile Apps, and for instructors in PowerPoint when published through the Echo360 PowerPoint Plugin. This was released as a Hotfix.
- Resolved an issue where new installations of Universal Capture in the US region were resulting in a "Not Connected" message. This was released as a Hotfix.
- Resolved an issue where transcripts for Public video links were not loading for institutions that had never before had Anonymous users.
- Made a change to the Video View % calculation for students in a course. Dragging the playback bar back and forth without actively playing the video will no longer trigger a video view percentage.
- Addressed the messaging shown to Groups owners or Admins when they select all members of the group and then also search the members list in order to apply a change to privileges. Users are now provided with a clearer message on the screen, and the change only applies to those members currently showing (with the search filter applied).
- Polls in the Library page can now be sorted by Type in poll-type-alphabetical order (Image Quiz, Multiple Choice, Numeric, Ordered List, and Short Answer).
- Sorting student responses for a short answer polling response for interactive media now ignores case.
- Addressed an issue where polls placed very close to one another in interactive media were difficult to select on the timeline.
- The message shown to students in the transcript panel of interactive media now more clearly states that they must respond to a poll/the next poll in order to make the transcript text available.
- All of the speed options for playback are now available when viewing content outside of Echo360.
- Resolved an issue where the Pro was not able to capture properly at a 1440x900 resolution.
- Resolved an issue where users were getting a white screen when launching the UC: Online UI for the first time, forcing them to reload the page.
- Users entering Echo360 via an LMS/VLE will no longer receive the option to switch institutions or roles in Echo360.
- The Moodle Embed Plug-in has been updated to address an issue where users could not embed media if the media name included a "slash" in it. Administrators will need to download and install the updated Moodle plugin to their instance to apply this fix.