These Release Notes contain a summary of changes made for the July 14-15, 2020 release of Echo360. For changes made in previous deployments, see the other Release Notes articles located in this Topic group, or contact email@example.com.
SPECIAL NOTICE: It has come to our attention that a recent update for the Chrome browser may reset your browser cookie settings to blocking cookies from visited sites. Your indication of this may be that you receive the message that you must Enable Cookies in order to view Echo360 content within an LMS/VLE or embedded in another website.
Cookie settings are edited in the Chrome Settings page, search “cookies”. Or refer to the instructions we provide in the Chrome Recommended Browser Configuration article of the Echo360 online help.
Administrators can request transcripts for individual media
Administrators can now request transcripts for individual pieces of audio/video media in the system. This allows for one-off transcript requests without having to publish the item or reprocess it. Furthermore, these transcript requests are sent regardless of the other institutional ASR feature settings. Meaning you can have the broader ASR features turned OFF for your institution but still obtain transcripts for individual items (ASR usage and charges will still apply).
See Request Transcript for Individual Media for more information.
Device Software Update: 6.0.694737831
NOTE: The Device Software Update entry is only included when an update is being deployed; the legacy software version is NOT likely to change often, and it is not included if no updates are being deployed.
- Users can now delete Zoom Meeting recordings (that were auto-ingested via the Zoom integration) from their library.
- Resolved an issue where a student may not receive proper credit for viewing a class video when viewing it through the Mobile app.
- Resolved an issue where the media thumbnail shown in the icon menu of the Class List was not being updated properly when media was removed and replaced by another piece of media.
- The last capture date for a capture schedule is now being properly shown on the Calendar view of the schedule.
- Resolved an issue where applying a foreign language transcript as closed captions resulted in the special characters not being displayed properly in the captions.
- Resolved a problem that could cause capture metadata that was entered (for an ad hoc capture) to be retained in the UC UI after the end of the capture.
- Resolved an issue where the UC desktop application could get into a state where both the UI needed to be restarted due to an update and the preview had timed out, causing the UI to become 'stuck' and requiring users to manually relaunch the application.
- Resolved an issue where UC was capturing a black square instead of the regular cursor when Adobe Acrobat Reader was also open.