These Release Notes contain a summary of changes made for the June 30 - July 1, 2020 release of Echo360. For changes made in previous deployments, see the other Release Notes articles located in this Topic group, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Administrators can now have ALL new media transcribed via Amazon ASR service
As an alternative to the ASR Course Media feature, which sends media for transcription at the time it is published to a course, Echo360 Administrators can now enable the ASR All New Media feature for the institution. This feature sends all, new video/audio media added to Echo360 to the Amazon ASR service for transcriptions.
- Alternate Email for Zoom Integration – The Echo360 Zoom integration now allows Instructors to provide an alternate email, in the event that their Zoom login email is different than their email address in Echo360. See Zoom Settings for Your Account as well as Zoom Integration for Instructors and Teaching Assistants.
- Added the ability for Administrators to manage the Zoom opt-out and alternate email settings for users through the Edit Profile page available for all active users.
- Administrators can now filter the Captures page for Zoom Meetings as a Source type. Administrators will also see “Zoom Meeting” as the source type in the Captures list. This applies to Zoom recordings that are ingested via the Zoom integration with Echo360. It ONLY applies to those Zoom recordings ingested from this deployment forward (30 June – 1 July 2020, depending on your region).
- Updated the Error pages shown in Echo360 to a new design and to provide friendlier and more helpful messages.
- Device Software Update: 6.0.693198484
NOTE: The Device Software Update entry is only included when an update is being deployed; the legacy software version is NOT likely to change often, and it is not included if no updates are being deployed.
- Resolved an issue with the transcript editor and synchronization of the cursor and cue display while undoing edits.
- Resolved an issue where an ampersand (&) character at the end of a transcript cue would not allow those transcripts to appear as closed captions if applied as CC.
- Addressed issues surrounding the tab order of the active focus in the merge conflicts page of the transcript editor.
- Resolved an issue where there were no input selection options when setting the Device Default Configuration for the Pro.
- Resolved an issue where the Classroom player was not showing the correct messaging to users if an active live stream was canceled.
- Resolved an issue where, when publishing an ad hoc live stream to an existing class, canceling the live stream would also delete the class.
- Resolved an issue where, when publishing an ad hoc live stream to an existing class, the Class List icon was showing as Processing instead of Available.
- Resolved an issue where, if you had published an ad hoc live stream to an existing class and then later manually removed it from that class, you would see a grey LIVE badge next to that class in the Class List.
- Resolved an issue where a user would have to open the publishing list of available classes within UC twice in order to see recent updates.
- Resolved an issue where, when doing back-to-back captures on a managed capture device, an ad hoc capture was not always able to be started after ending the initial capture early.
- Resolved an issue where starting an ad hoc live stream from within UC could cause subsequent captures to retain that live setting.
- Resolved an issue where the Pro was not capturing audio from IP Cameras correctly.