These Release Notes contain a summary of changes made for the June 02-03, 2020 release of Echo360. For changes made in previous deployments, see the other Release Notes articles located in this Topic group, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Microsoft has recently released Windows 10, Version 2004. There are multiple known issues with this release that interfere with Universal Capture. If possible, we recommend not upgrading to this version of Windows until these issues have been resolved. For more information, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/status-windows-10-2004.
Echo360 has a new Top Navigation Bar!
The navigation to your Courses, your Library and your Groups is now available in the Top Navigation bar on all pages in Echo360. This change should reduce the amount of clicking around you need to do to get where you’re going.
See Navigating around Echo360 for more information.
LMS Integration with the Echo360 Library
Echo360 now supports direct linking from all of the supported LMS/VLE programs to the user’s Echo360 Library. This allows users, instructors in particular, a much easier way to access and work with the media in their Echo360 library.
See the Integrations area of our Online Help and select the LMS/VLE section that applies to your institution.
Students can now be allowed to edit transcripts for class-published media
Echo360 has added the ability for administrators and/or instructors to allow students to edit the transcripts for class-published media. This means that if a video has an automated transcript on it, an instructor can ask one or more students to edit that transcript for accuracy as needed. Like many institution features, it can be enabled or disabled at the institution, organization, department, and/or section levels as needed.
The master media from all Universal Capture devices is now created in HLS format - We now create local .m3u8 files as the source/master media files on all Universal Capture devices (all devices except SCHD). This greatly reduces the bandwidth needed to upload captures, especially for live streams. Because the source files are in HLS format, however, the Media Details page no longer lists the source files for these captures (because they are not playable).
Note: This change had been listed in the 5.19.2020 Release Notes but was pulled from Production due to a technical issue.
Renaming the ASR toggle – The ASR Feature toggle has been renamed to be more accurately descriptive. It now reads ASR Course Media, to reflect the fact that videos are not transcribed until they become media in a course (are published).
Live Stream Class Badge - For Live Streamed Classes that are started early and/or extended, the Class List page for the course now accurately shows the Live badge while the live stream is active. In addition, the duration of the capture is updated to reflect the actual time of the stream (not the time it was originally configured for).
Instructors and Teaching Assistants can now opt-out of automatic Zoom uploads - Instructors and Teaching Assistants now have the option to opt out of having all of their university account Zoom sessions automatically uploaded to Echo360. The setting is accessed through Account Settings > Zoom Settings. See Opt Out of Automatic Zoom Recording Upload for more information.
Echo360 can now ingest multiple recording segments per Zoom meeting – To accommodate instances where Instructors or other meeting hosts start, stop, and then start recording again within the same Zoom meeting, Echo360 can now pull multiple recording segments for the meeting and upload them to Echo360. Meaning if a meeting has “Part 1/2” and “Part 2/2”, Echo360 will ingest both parts and upload them to the meeting host’s library (as two separate files). See Integrating with Zoom for more information.
Updated Plugin for Sakai that addresses issues and provides support for Sakai version 19 and higher on Firefox. You must download and install the new plugin (Version 1.0.7) to take advantage of this functionality.
Updated Plugin for Moodle that fixes an issue that could occur when embedding multiple Echo360 media to the same content window. You must download and install the new plugin (Version 1.0.23) to take advantage of this functionality.
NOTE: Version 1.0.23 of the plugin is being reviewed by OpenLMS for inclusion in a future OpenLMS release. OpenLMS Moodle customers will receive a notice from OpenLMS about plugin availability when this process is complete.
Device Software Update: 6.0.690777302
NOTE: The Device Software Update entry is only included when an update is being deployed; the legacy software version is NOT likely to change often, and it is not included if no updates are being deployed.
- Resolved a bug in our analytics services that may have caused missing data in Instructor Analytics pages, Administrator Dashboards, and data retrieved via the Reporting API for the month of May. This bug impacted less than 5% of data used to create the reports and no data was lost. We deployed a hotfix for this and have retroactively repaired all reports.
- Presentation name now appears with the name of the presentation instead of a placeholder in the Reporting API presentation report.
- On the Class List page, there was a small period of time when a capture was uploading where the icon displayed for the class was showing as Available (green). This has been updated to instead be shown as In Processing (horizontal bars).
- Resolved an issue in Universal Capture (UC) where the new Live stream messaging surrounding the estimated start time was being displayed during the preroll period for scheduled Live classes.
- Resolved an issue in UC where, when a scheduled Live class ended, the Live messaging was still being displayed after transitioning back into Preview mode.
- Resolved an issue with UC software (Mac and Windows) where the wrong audio parameters were being used when initiating an ad hoc capture via the legacy device Web UI.
- Resolved an issue in the Classroom where video views were only being tracked to the nearest 30-second increment.
- Resolved an issue surrounding renaming a speaker in the Transcript editor and trying to undo. This fix was released as a hotfix.
- Resolved an issue where audio-only captures on Pro devices were failing. This fix was released as a hotfix.