These Release Notes contain a summary of changes made for the May 05-06, 2020 release of Echo360. For changes made in previous deployments, see the other Release Notes articles located in this Topic group, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Improvements surrounding Live Streaming with Universal Capture:
- We now ensure that a live stream can only be initiated from a valid IP address.
- The Rooms page for Admins now shows the correct status (including Live badge and links to the Live Stream) when a live capture is started early, extended, or in the case that a scheduled live capture is stopped early and another one is initiated.
- We have reduced the audio bitrate that is being captured during "Medium" quality captures to 44 kbps to reduce bandwidth needs
For more information, see Live Streaming with Universal Capture.
Additional Universal Capture enhancements:
- We now display a banner message indicating to users when there is a difference between the local time on the machine and our server time which would impact capture uploads.
- We have made significant improvements surrounding CPU usage on Windows to improve performance on underpowered machines.
Transcript Editor: When using the playback panel in the Transcript Editor, the currently playing cue in the transcript is now highlighted for ease of reference.
Device Software Update: 6.0.688608700
NOTE: The Device Software Update entry is only included when an update is being deployed; the legacy software version is NOT likely to change often, and it is not included if no updates are being deployed.
- Resolved an issue where Admins and Schedulers could not be viewed in the Org/Dept hierarchy. This was addressed via a hotfix.
- Resolved an issue where Universal Capture was unable to detect and use the integrated webcam on Lenovo Yoga laptops.
- Resolved an issue where captures created with UC: Personal could potentially become stuck in Processing.
- The Scheduled tab in the Captures view for Admins no longer lists scheduled capture entries from the past.
- Resolved some issues surrounding the calendar display for capture schedules, so that it now highlights the relevant days properly and does NOT include exclusion dates.
- In the transcript editor, search result text labels are no longer disappearing from the editor pane when a cue is edited, and the view is subsequently scrolled up or down.
- Screen readers can now appropriately read labels for checkboxes used in the transcript editor. Labels for checkboxes were also addressed in other areas of the interface.
- In the transcript editor, adding new text (with or without deleting existing text) now functions more like a normal text editing program and does not require users to move their cursor to a specific relative location.
- When editing in the transcript editor and you have `Pause when typing` enabled, the cursor no longer jumps to the beginning of the cue instead of staying where it was placed for edits.
- Resolved an issue where search results in the transcript editor were showing as ‘0 of 2’ in a few instances.
- Reduced the delay for adding speaker tags to a transcript cue where there are more than a large number of cues in the transcript.