These Release Notes contain a summary of changes made for the April 7-8, 2020 release of Echo360. For changes made in previous deployments, see the other Release Notes articles located in this Topic group, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Universal Capture now provides a Live Stream option for ad hoc captures!
Whether using UC: Personal or UC: Classroom, users can easily start a live stream. For more information, see Live Streaming with Universal Capture.
- Improved Universal Capture performance: Made several enhancements around the startup of Universal Capture recordings which addresses reports of choppy and inconsistent audio at the beginning of captures. Also improved Universal Capture reliability on slow networks.
- Device Software Update: 6.0.686203534
NOTE: The Device Software Update entry is only included when an update is being deployed; the legacy software version is NOT likely to change often, and it is not included if no updates are being deployed.
- The following items were released as a hotfix since the last deployment:
- Captcha was causing issues with authenticating and logging into Echo in certain geographic regions. We’ve removed Captcha from those workflows to resolve.
- Users can now modify or delete schedule created classes as needed. This will resolve issues seen with bulk modification of schedules based on COVID-19 related changes to distance learning scenarios.
- Public section links are once again available on SSO enabled institutions.
- Users on non-chromium versions of Edge will no longer see an empty or blank class list.
- Resolved an issue where a small number of Live Captures did not start correctly.
- Resolved an issue where users could potentially download a Universal Capture installer that was not from their region.
- Addressed cross-site scripting vulnerabilities found on the Pro surrounding SSH ciphers.
- Configured audio gain is now displayed correctly on the front panel of Pro and Pod devices.
- Resolved accessibility items within the Universal Capture UI surrounding the user details/logout menu.