These Release Notes contain a summary of changes made for the March 24-25, 2020 release of Echo360. For changes made in previous deployments, see the other Release Notes articles located in this Topic group, or contact email@example.com.
IP Cameras are now supported for use with the Pro and Pod!
For more information on how to configure your IP Camera, see IP Camera Support.
As a part of this release, the Pod Room Configuration UI has been updated to be similar to that of the Pro.
- Less aggressive appliance reboots. We have limited the scenarios where appliances (Pro and Pod) reboot automatically to the following:
- When the capture engine times out trying to determine what state it is in.
- When a capture is unlikely to succeed based on repeated exits of the capture worker.
- Users can now enter negative numbers and exponent notation (45e10) into Numerical Activity slides.
- Device Software Update: 6.0.684976577
NOTE: The Device Software Update entry is only included when an update is being deployed; the legacy software version is NOT likely to change often, and it is not included if no updates are being deployed.
- Addressed an issue where trailing spaces in a numeric entry by students were causing the answer to be marked wrong; spaces are no longer permitted in the fields.
- Resolved an issue where offline capture devices were causing schedule created lessons to disappear from the class list.
- Resolved an issue surrounding Cielo24 captions for captures auto-published to multiple sections.
- The shortcut key(s) to bring the Universal Capture application back into view work correctly.
- Resolved an issue where, if an appliance was factory reset, it was then unable to receive a new device.xml from a USB drive.
- Resolved an issue where Proxy information was unable to be edited in a Room configuration. This went out as a hotfix.
- If a schedule is edited and updated to be Live within 5 minutes of the capture start time (the preroll period), the capture now streams correctly.
- Resolved an issue where Universal Capture was not able to run successfully on some newer Windows computers and tablets.
NOTE: If you were experiencing this issue, the fix will require you to reinstall Universal Capture.
- Resolved an issue where Live streams were not able to be viewed on Android devices using the native browser (Chrome).