These Release Notes contain a summary of changes made for the February 25-26, 2020 release of Echo360. For changes made in previous deployments, see the other Release Notes articles located in this Topic group, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Live Streamed Classes now provide a Time Stamp.
What does this mean?
Live Streamed classes now display an "elapsed time" stamp, located at the bottom of the viewing panel, which shows the current duration of the stream itself. In addition, Video View counts and Video View % analytics are now able to be gathered from live streams on Universal Capture devices.
For more information, see Definitions of Analytics Data Metrics.
- Classes Analytics for Courses now provide aggregated student AND individual student metrics in the interface. The Classes Tab on the course Analytics page now allows you to click on a class and open a popup window that lists all the students in the course and shows each student’s analytic data for the selected class.
- Helping Get Students Started – The online help now has a Getting Students Started article that provides some overview information on the basic features available for student users, as well as links to other help articles that provide more detailed information.
- Change to Schedule retention. In order to reduce potential performance-related problems surrounding updates to associated data, Capture Schedules are now only retained for 18 months past their end date.
- Device Software Update: 6.0.682294302
NOTE: The Device Software Update entry is only included when an update is being deployed; the legacy software version is NOT likely to change often, and it is not included if no updates are being deployed.
- The Ping One Configuration page now loads properly, including a widget that links administrators to their PingOne management page.
- Resolved an issue where some caption files could not be re-used for Transcriptions as the VTT file was being identified as invalid.
- Removed the link to the main Echo360 home page from the classroom for Continuing Education customers.
- Keyboard navigation to Cancel an ongoing Universal Capture recording now works correctly.
- Keyboard navigation within Universal Capture no longer gives focus to elements that are non-interactive.
- Resolved an issue where the incorrect message was displayed at the end of a Live Stream.
- The Help link within Universal Capture now links directly to the new Support site without requiring a redirect.
- Resolved an issue with Universal Capture devices where the WSAPI could potentially crash mid-recording.
- Added a note to the Moodle documentation noting that the Echo360 filter for embedding videos in Moodle content windows may need to be raised in priority if users are encountering errors when embedding (particularly into Labels).