If you log into Echo360 directly, your Courses/Sections are accessed from the Echo home page. If you enter Echo360 through an LMS/VLE, you are most likely placed directly into the Class List for the course, also sometimes referred to as the Course or Section Home Page.
Clicking on a class in the list opens the classroom for you to view and interact with the media published there.
The first few steps below are aimed at users who log directly into Echo360 or who otherwise access their Courses from the Echo360 Home page. If you use an LMS/VLE to access Echo360, and particularly if you are a student, you may have no need for the Echo360 Home page and you can skim the first few steps below. Instructors or Teaching Assistants who need to manage ther courses are more likely to access courses this way.
The courses shown on the Courses tab are those you are enrolled in as your current role (student, instructor, teaching assistant). If you have MULTIPLE roles in Echo360, you may need to change your current role in order to see the Course you're looking for.
Entering a Course and opening a Classroom
- Click the Echo Logo in the top left corner to return to the Echo Home page (if necessary).
- Click Courses from the left panel (if necessary; the Courses tab should appear by default).
Courses in the most recent term appear first, in alphabetical order. If you do not see your course, you may need to change your role to see the relevant courses.
- Click on the course tile. This opens the class list, as shown below.
- Click on the row for the class you want to view. See also More to Courses than Just Classes for what you can do in a course that isn't just viewing a classroom.
The classroom opens, showing whatever media is published there (video or a presentation or both).
- Click Play (bottom left) to play the video.
- If there is a presentation, click on the presentation tile to move it to the primary (left) position.
- Use the Right/Left arrows that appear when you hover over the presentation to page through it.
The toolbar across the top contains icons for additional in-classroom functionality. These are described in detail in Using Classroom Tools. Different icons may appear depending on whether you are a student or an instructor. Go ahead and click on them if you don't know what they do. Don't worry, you won't break anything.
The buttons at the bottom, on the right side of the playbar also help control classroom playback of the media, including volume, quality and speed control, and layout of the materials if there is more than one visual item in the classroom.
To EXIT the classroom and return to the class list, click the Course name located to the right of the classroom toolbar, as identified in the below figure.
To return to your Echo Home page, click the Echo360 Logo in the top left corner of the class list.