These Release Notes contain a summary of changes made for the January 28-29, 2020 release of Echo360. For changes made in previous deployments, see the other Release Notes articles located in this Topic group, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Universal Capture for Appliances is here!
What does this mean?
As was indicated in previous Release Notes, all Pro and Pod devices have now been upgraded to Universal Capture. In addition, all previously existing toggles to manually enable Universal Capture for devices have been removed. The Universal Capture UI is now available for Pro and Pod appliances only, allowing users to access UC both via the UC: Device interface and the UC: Online interface. This provides a consistent user experience across capture platforms; it works and looks the same no matter where or how users are creating content.
For more information on transitioning, see Universal Capture on the Pro and Pod.
- Embedding videos in the LMS no longer relies on the Public Links feature toggles to be enabled. If you have updated the Echo360 plugin/app/building block for your LMS to provide Authenticated LMS Embeds, you no longer need to have the Public Links toggles for Instructors and Students turned on. These embeds have been fully extricated from the normal “generate URL links for videos” process.
You should plan to keep the main Public Links toggle turned on, however, to ensure videos embedded prior to the authentication update will still work.
- D2L/Brightspace now supports Authenticated LMS Embedding. We now provide support for Brightspace to be configured for authenticated views of embedded videos from Echo360.
For more information and instructions, see Adding a Remote Plugin to Brightspace for Embedding Echo360 Videos.
- Student Analytics for Courses now give course-wide AND individual class metrics in the interface. To go along with the updates to the Student Analytics CSV Export released previously, the Students tab in a Course Analytics page now allows you to click on a student from the list and see a popup window showing the individual class data for the course.
For more information, see Course Analytics – Student Data.
- Exports to LMS Gradebook now align more closely with the Student Data provided in the interface and in the Students CSV export. The data sent to the LMS is still averaged across the selected classes, but now the comparison of the LMS exported figures against the Students interface or CSV export is easier and better coordinated.
- The Live badge on a Room card during an active Live Capture is now a direct link into the Classroom.
- The Rooms tab can now be filtered by device status (Idle, Offline, etc.), including the ability to filter by Rooms with active Live Classes.
- Device Software Update: Version 6.0.679642242
NOTE: The Device Software Update entry is only included when an update is being deployed; the legacy software version is NOT likely to change often, and it is not included if no updates are being deployed.
- Resolved an issue where Live Captures on non-UC devices were not accurately being reported as Live on the Capturing tab of the Admin Captures page.
- Updated the date format in the Students analytics export to CSV to use the user’s system date format.