These Release Notes contain a summary of changes made for the January 14-15 2020 release of Echo360. For changes made in previous deployments, see the other Release Notes articles located in this Topic group, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
End of Life for Classroom & Personal Capture
As you know by now, Echo360 Universal Capture is in general availability for both Mac and Windows, and for Personal and Classroom modes. Universal Capture replaces the existing applications Classroom Capture (CCAP) and Personal Capture (PCAP) for a better and easier capture experience. We are seeing excellent adoption rates for Universal Capture, so it is time to plan for the end of support for the legacy applications.
- January 15th, 2020:This date marks the end of support for these applications globally. As of this date, CCAP and PCAP will no longer be officially supported. In addition, all capture enhancements made will only work with Universal Capture.
It is of the utmost importance that all Echo360 clients transition to Universal Capture as quickly as possible. If you have any questions about your transition to Universal Capture, please contact your Echo360 representative and see our Universal Capture documentation.
Welcome to the new Echo360 Resource Center! Echo360 has updated the support and documentation portal, to make browsing and searching for information easier and more intuitive. Contacting our support representatives and logging into your support pages is the same process it has always been; send us an email at email@example.com or go to https://echo360.com/customer-portal-login/ to login and create a new support case.
We've also made sure your existing links to documentation in our old portal will still work. You will see a brief "Oops!" page while you are redirected to the new location. We recommend you update your links to point to the new portal in order to provide seamless online product assistance to your users.
- Exports for Instructor Section Analytics improved and expanded. The CSV exports available to instructors for their section analytics have been updated.
- The Classes export (Analytics > Classes > Export Full Data Set) contains additional metrics like Total Slide Count and Slides Viewed Count.
- The Students export (Analytics > Students > Export Full Data Set) contains data for each student in the section, both rolled up across all classes AND broken out by class. This gives Instructors more options to sort, segregate, and manipulate the analytics data to suit their needs.
- Device Software Update: Version 6.0.678798327
NOTE: The Device Software Update entry is only included when an update is being deployed; the legacy software version is NOT likely to change often, and it is not included if no updates are being deployed.
- Users who view a public link into a section as an anonymous user can now navigate to echo360.org and are able to log in (no longer receive a permissions error page).
- LMS instructors generating the link into Echo360 are again able to create courses and sections via the LMS link-through process
- Resolved an issue with Pods that had been enabled for Universal Capture in a Room set with Audio: Microphone (Left Only) which caused the Microphone audio to be lost.
- Resolved an issue with Universal Capture: Personal where users were getting stuck in a login loop.
The above four fixes were released mid-cycle as hotfixes.
- LMS Teaching Assistants are now able to see selections in the Course and Section drop-down lists in the LMS link-through process to Echo360.
- Resolved an issue where the device monitor 'Audio Level Warning' did not work with Universal Capture: Classroom.
- Resolved an issue with Pods that had been enabled for Universal Capture where the configured audio gain was being reset after a reboot, potentially causing low audio in captures.
- Resolved an issue where the Universal Capture: Online button would disappear from a Room card temporarily after saving any edits to the Room.