These Release Notes contain a summary of changes made for the December 3-4, 2019 release of Echo360. For changes made in previous deployments, see the other Release Notes articles located in this Topic group, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our typical two-week release cycle will continue as normal into December. To accommodate the end of year holidays, there will be a 4-week break prior to the first deployment in January 2020.
Our deployment dates for the upcoming releases are as follows:
- Dec 03-04 (this one)
- Dec 17-18
- Jan 14-15, 2020 (four weeks from previous)
End of Life for Classroom & Personal Capture
As you know by now, Echo360 Universal Capture is in general availability for both Mac and Windows, and for Personal and Classroom modes. Universal Capture replaces the existing applications Classroom Capture (CCAP) and Personal Capture (PCAP) for a better and easier capture experience. We are seeing excellent adoption rates for Universal Capture, so it is time to plan for the end of support for the legacy applications.
We plan to phase out both technical support and functional support in the platform over the following timeline:
August 30th, 2019: The download links for both CCAP and PCAP were removed from the platform. This was also the end of support date for these applications in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (EMEA). While the applications will likely continue to work for the rest of the year, there will be no support available.
Clients in the EMEA region should plan a full transition to Universal Capture before this time. Clients in other regions can continue to use existing CCAP and PCAP installations but will no longer have the ability to download it.
- January 15th, 2020: This date marks both the end of life and the end of support for these applications globally. As of this date, CCAP and PCAP will cease to work with the Echo360 platform due to enhancements in the capture pipeline that will only work with Universal Capture.
It is of the utmost importance that all Echo360 clients complete their transition to Universal Capture by this time. If you have any questions about your transition to Universal Capture, please contact your Echo360 representative and see our Universal Capture documentation.
Updated Media Details page for Administrators! The newly-designed media details page that has been available for instructors and students is now available for administrators. The new design provides consolidated sharing/publishing information on a single page along with view analytics for media, and the same control over transcriptions and captions and media ownership that was always available for admins.
For more information, see Media Details Page for Administrators.
New Alert for Administrators: Device Offline or Missing! We have added a new system alert for administrators that will send an email notifying them of an offline or missing capture device. Admins select which devices/rooms they want to monitor and an offline time threshold. If a device goes offline and stays offline for at least the set period, the administrator receives an email.
For more information, see Set Alert for Capture Device Offline or Missing in Room.
- Administrators can now remove Group Owner privileges from users by unchecking the Owner box and checking the other privilege assignments as appropriate, rather than having to remove the owner from the group and re-add them with desired privileges.
- The confidence-monitor endpoint in the Capture API is now available for UC-enabled appliances.
- The Public API now supports using SSO ID for user lookup.
Device Software Update: Version 6.0.674868225
NOTE: The Device Software Update entry is only included when an update is being deployed; the legacy software version is NOT likely to change often, and it is not included if no updates are being deployed.
- Resolved an issue where newer phone number/area codes were being seen as “invalid” by Echo360. Updated the phone number utility library to ensure new number configurations are accepted.
- The Remove button in the media details page for newly-published captures is now appearing immediately upon publish and does not require a refresh.
- Resolved an issue with UC-enabled appliances where the API was always reporting 'signal-present' as true.
- Resolved an issue where the Pause/Resume button could become unresponsive in Universal Capture after multiple pauses.
- Resolved an issue where users were not able to configure a Room to use 2 IP Cameras when no other video inputs were detected on that device.