These Release Notes contain a summary of changes made for the October 8-9, 2019 release of Echo360. For changes made in previous deployments, see the other Release Notes articles located in this Topic group, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
One-Click Automatic Course Provisioning through the LMS is now available! Administrators can now configure Echo360 to allow the LMS to create courses and sections in Echo360 to correspond to their LMS Courses. As soon as an Instructor (or Admin) clicks the LTI tool link to pass into Echo360, their Echo360 course and section are created and ready for instructor set up.
For more information, see Turning on LMS Simplified One-Click Course Provisioning and point your instructors to Instructor How-Tos for One-Click Course Provisioning.
NOTE: To make navigation easier for LMS institutions and Admins, all of the LMS-related configuration settings have been moved to the LMS Configuration tab.
Click the Settings icon, then select Configurations. The LMS Configuration tab appears by default. The right side of the page now contains Global Settings and Configurations (the authentication keys) for LMS integration.
Sharing Links for adding users to Groups is now available. Group Owners (and institution-level Admins) can now enable a URL for a group, that allows existing Echo360 users to add themselves as members to the group (with View Only privileges). For groups that are designed to be open for many users, using the link is easier than adding users one-by-one on request.
The Link can be deactivated at any time, turning off group enrollment via the link. For more information, see Using a Share Link to Add Group Members.
- All managed Universal Capture devices (UC: Classroom and UC-enabled Pros and Pods) are now available from both the Start Capture and Universal Capture buttons (if enabled) for Instructors to launch ad hoc recordings.
See Enable or Disable Universal Capture Features, as well as Enable or Disable Ad Hoc Capture button for Instructors as needed.
- For UC: Personal, transitioning between Working Offline and Working Online is now more robust.
- Significantly reduced the amount of time needed for Universal Capture to install, update, and start (the time it takes for UC to install or update and then be ready to record).
- All managed Universal Capture devices (UC: Classroom and UC-enabled Pros and Pods) are now supported by the public API.
- If Universal Capture gets stuck in a state where the service is not running, and you have the correct user permissions, UC will now prompt you to restart the service.
Device Software Update: Version 6.0.670461255
NOTE: The Device Software Update entry is only included when an update is being deployed; the legacy software version is NOT likely to change often, and it is not included if no updates are being deployed.
- Active capture schedules are now being properly listed on the front panel of UC-enabled Pro appliances.
- Resolved an issue where UC: Classroom captures that were extended were being uploaded and published after the original duration rather than after the extended duration.
This was released as a hotfix.
- Resolved an issue where captures could be created with a malformed timing.xml, resulting in captures with an incorrect start time.
- Resolved an issue with UC for the Mac where, if UC had been installed multiple times, you could get stuck attempting to login due to an invalid keychain.