These Release Notes contain a summary of changes made for the June 4-5, 2019 release of Echo360. For changes made in previous deployments, see the other Release Notes articles located in this Topic group, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
IMPORTANT NOTICEDue to performance and latency issues discovered after the deployments to the production regions, this Echo360 release was temporarily rolled back. After identifying and resolving the problems, we have moved forward with redeploying the below-listed features across all production regions starting Friday, 7 June 2019 (US and CA), and completing the regional redeployments Monday and Tuesday 10-11 June 2019 (UK/EUR and AU/ANZ respectively).
Echo360 Embed Button now available for Brightspace (D2L) LMS! Brightspace Admins can now add a Remote Plugin that provides an Echo360 option in the "Insert Stuff" button for content windows. This allows users to easily select from a list of videos in their Echo360 content library and embed those videos directly into content windows in Brightspace courses.
See Adding a Remote Plugin for Embedding Echo360 Videos as well as Embedding Echo360 Videos into Brightspace Content Windows for more information.
The main Echo360 Login page has been updated! For those users who log directly into Echo360, you will notice some changes to the login page, to include a helpful video for logging in, first access of the system, and registering your account. If you typically access Echo360 through a link in your LMS/VLE, you may not see these changes immediately. However, if you find you need to establish a direct login to Echo360 (such as for using the Mobile Apps), you may find the video useful to guide you through the process.
- Class Groups are now called Collections. To accommodate upcoming additions to Echo360, the Groups feature that allows instructors to group classes together in a section has been renamed to Collections. The functionality is exactly the same; only the name has changed. For additional information, see Classes and Collections - Overview.
- Echo360 Capture Appliances have been renamed in the UI. While we're busy renaming things, we have changed the naming convention of capture appliances and methods to be more consistent across the system (PRO is now Pro, POD is now Pod, etc.). Again, the functionality is the same; only the names have changed slightly. Admins, in particular, will notice this change in the Captures page, both where the recording device is listed for captures as well as in the Source filter selection list.
Device Software Update: Version 5.5.659325737
This is a new entry for customers who want to know if their capture device software is being updated as a part of this release. The version number of the updated software will be added prior to the AU/ANZ production region deployment.
- Resolved an issue where some types of Numerical Activity slides would not accept "0" as a response or show the entered justification if requested.
- Resolved an issue where a user might see an unknown error if editing media then immediately selecting to delete it.
- Added a scrollbar to long modal boxes that can scroll beyond the bottom of the browser window (the New capture or New capture schedule modal in particular). This addresses an issue with users not able to see the lower part of the modal without a mouse scroll-wheel or tabbing through the fields.
- Addressed an issue surrounding validation of availability settings on a capture schedule, where if conflicting settings were entered, the scheduled captures would not process.