These Release Notes contain a summary of changes made for the January 22-23, 2019 release of Echo360. For changes made in previous deployments, see the other Release Notes articles located in this Topic group, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Welcome to your New Echo360 Home Page! Echo360 has been redesigned for Instructors and Students, to make finding Courses and Content easier. The new Echo360 Home page provides a one-stop landing page for all things Echo. It also provides improved search and sort, as well as more robust filtering for Content.
We strongly encourage Instructors and Students to review Welcome to Your Echo360 Home as well as the other articles located in the new Getting Started – The Basics topic group.
If you are the kind of person who stresses out over change, be sure to check out From Old to New - Navigating the New Home Interface. It should help you be more comfortable with the new navigation.
More updates will be coming over the next several weeks, to include changes to the Content Details view as well as a cleaner and more streamlined UI for sharing media. Stay tuned!
- In order to prevent active captures from being interrupted due to changes to the schedule while the capture is occurring, we now prevent users from being able to edit a capture schedule while a recording is in process.
- The classroom Sources and Quality options have been disabled for classrooms where the playback is for Audio Only media. Users can still set the speed, and if the classroom contains a presentation, users can use the Sources option to show/hide the presentation.
- The Create Section option no longer appears for instructors who are only able to select from Echo360 sections in which they are already enrolled (Section options LTI toggle is ON for the institution). Admins will still see the Create options (if the Section creation toggle is enabled) as they always have Course, Term, and Section drop-downs to select from.
- Videos and presentations can once again be viewed in full screen (some recent browser changes were preventing full screen viewing)
- Resolved an issue with the Universal Capture installers for the Mac where users could potentially see a .dmg error when attempting to install
- Resolved an issue Universal Capture was failing to install due to a previous installation
- Fixed an issue where edits to Rooms were unable to be saved
- Users can no longer share media with themselves
- Cloning a section now retains the same class order as the source section, but with the new date pattern applied (or in the same order without dates if a pattern is not selected)
- Fixed a display issue on the Admin Dashboard Cloud Usage card when the card information was filtered by Department