These Release Notes contain a summary of changes made for the December 11-12, 2018 release of Echo360. For changes made in previous deployments, see the other Release Notes articles located in this Topic group, or contact email@example.com.
PLEASE NOTE: Our typical two-week release cycle will continue as normal into December. To accommodate the end of year holidays, there will be a 4-week break prior to the first deployment in January 2019. Our deployment dates for the upcoming releases are as follows:
- Dec 11-12 (this one)
- Jan 8-9, 2019 (four weeks from previous)
Instructors can now embed Echo360 Videos into Media Slides! When creating a media slide, instructors can now paste in a Public Link URL for a video, and play the video within the slide. Note please that the public link for the video must be set to “Public” and cannot be set to “Private”. Authenticated video links will not play inside of Media Slides.
For more information, see Embedding an Echo360 Video into a Media Slide.
- Echo360’s transcription service now provides a dedicated UK language parser. This will provide higher levels of accuracy for transcriptions of British English in captures and videos for the EU region.
- Students can now more easily edit the timestamp/slide number tags on classroom Notes. When Edit Tag is selected for the note, the existing tag is highlighted and students can now simply begin typing to replace the existing tag, or press Delete to remove it altogether.
- The Blackboard Building Block and the Moodle Plug-in have both been updated to allow for embedded videos to be played in Full Screen. To apply either update, remove the existing one and download and install the new one.
For detailed steps, see Adding an Echo360 Video Option to Blackboard Mashups, or
Adding an Echo360 Button to the Moodle Content Editor Toolbar.
- Resolved an issue where if an activity slide was the first slide showing in a classroom, an overlay would prohibit access to the activity controls until the user paged to a different slide and back.
- Instructors can now save ordering changes when only re-ordering the classes within a group.
- Class list search results now also include classes contained within Groups.
- Resolved an issue where CSV Import error logs could not be downloaded if the import contained non-UTF-8-compatible characters. The Import would succeed but Echo could not re-write the errored rows into the log due to the non-UTF-8 characters. Now, any characters Echo360 cannot reproduce are replaced with a question mark (?) in the error log.
- The Building filter list in the Admin Capture page now properly lists buildings in alphabetical order.
- Provided an update to the device monitor utilities/service to resolve large memory usage issues and improve performance.