These Release Notes contain a summary of changes made for the November 27-28, 2018 release of Echo360. For changes made in previous deployments, see the other Release Notes articles located in this Topic group, or contact email@example.com.
PLEASE NOTE: Our typical two-week release cycle will continue as normal into December. To accommodate the end of year holidays, there will be a 4-week break prior to the first deployment in January 2019. Our deployment dates for the upcoming releases are as follows:
- Nov 27-28 (this one)
- Dec 11-12
- Jan 8-9, 2019 (four weeks from previous)
Echo360 Video Embed Building Block is here! Blackboard administrators can now install and enable an Echo360 Video Library option for the Mashups list. This allows instructors and admins to embed Echo360 videos directly into Blackboard content windows.
- Administrators can refer to Adding an Echo360 Video Option to Blackboard Mashups for instructions on downloading and installing the building block.
- Instructors can refer to Embedding Echo360 Videos into Blackboard for instructions on using the Echo360 Video Library option in Mashups to embed videos.
Support for the Kuando Busylight Alpha and Omega. Echo360 Device Monitor software and Device Monitor Service have been updated to now support the Kuando Busylight Alpha and Kuando Busylight Omega notification lights. See Device Monitor Overview – Administrators.
In addition, both the POD and the PRO appliances now also support connecting the Kuando Busylights directly to the appliance via USB for use as capture status indicators (they cannot be used as capture control buttons).
Universal Capture: Classroom mode now provides an option for Administrators to turn on a 'Simplified Sign In' process for users. Once enabled, the simplified-sign-in process allows users to log in within the Universal Capture application, without having to launch an external browser.
- Filters configured on the Admin Captures page now persist when selecting to view a capture details page then clicking the browser’s Back button.
Clicking Captures from the main menu resets the Captures page with the Today filter.
- Resolved an issue where PROs were failing to recover from a specific error, causing missed or incomplete captures.
- Resolved an issue where devices were not being configured for single-sign-on (SSO) properly when the configuration was loaded from the device.xml.