These Release Notes contain a summary of changes made for the July 24-25, 2018 release of Echo360. For changes made in previous deployments, see the other Release Notes articles located in this Topic group, or contact email@example.com.
- The Admin Dashboard now provides a Videos card, that shows a count of all videos in the system that have been viewed or downloaded in the last 12 months, along with a sum of the views of those videos. Click the card to see the new Video Assets Report.
We have discovered that it is taking some time to populate the data for the video card and the video assets report. We are aware of the issue and are addressing it. We expect both items to be displaying video asset data very soon.
- New documentation page for accessing Echo360 system status information. See Echo360 Status Updates for details.
- Echo360 now provides for bulk uploads of video and presentation media. The bulk upload functionality is provided through the FileStack selection options, using multi-select as well as drag-and-drop, and is available for Instructors and Students on the Library page (Upload), as well as for Administrators on the Captures page (for uploading videos).
- The Audit Trail Report now provides capture schedule changes (create, update, delete).
- JAWS (Job Access With Speech) screen reader program now properly interprets and reads the Download/Download original menu option from a section Classlist as well as the subsequent selection dialog box.
NOTE: IE Edge on Windows 10 does not render this option properly through JAWS, however IE 11, Chrome, and Firefox work properly.
- The Device Monitor Software (for the Capture Control light) as well as the Device Monitor Service are now available from the Echo360 Downloads page for Administrators (Settings icon > Downloads).
- The error returned when trying to schedule a capture with a duration longer than the maximum allowed now informs the user what the maximum is.
- A fix from last release surrounding on-device updates interfering with currently occurring captures was rolled back due to that fix introducing a bug with live stream provisioning.