These Release Notes contain a summary of changes made for the July 10-11, 2018 release of Echo360. For changes made in previous deployments, see the other Release Notes articles located in this Topic group, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special NoticeEcho360 has added the ability to edit processed video media files, instead of requiring the existence of the source media file for editing. Now that this editing capability is in place, Echo360 will begin removing raw/source media files that are over 180 days old, starting on July 30th. Users should not notice any difference in access or functionality related to older media.
We encourage you to review the full details of these changes at: Changes to Source Media File Retention
- The Top Sections Report now allows you to select to view the top sections for Inactive Terms as well as for currently active term(s).
- The USB Webcam Input Attribute for POD appliances is now exposed in room-configuration API.
- The Echo360 Mobile Apps are now properly displaying closed captions for class videos that have them.
- The Moodle Embed Button is now properly mapping users with custom Moodle roles, as long as the custom role is mapped to a recognized IMS role-equivalent.
NOTE: Administrators will need to download the updated Moodle plugin and re-install it to apply these changes.
- Deleting users is now properly deleting any external IDs associated with the user. We will also be running a cleanup script to remove already orphaned external IDs.
- Resolved an issue where capture uploads would get stuck and not complete.
- Resolved issues surrounding editing or simply reprocessing videos that do not have master files, where a second intro/outro clip was being added instead of removing the original and replacing it.
- Captures created on an iPad and then uploaded to Echo360 are no longer rotated 90 degrees.