These Release Notes contain a summary of changes made for the May 08-09, 2018 release of Echo360. For changes made in previous deployments, see the other Release Notes articles located in this Topic group, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE NOTE: Our typical two-week release cycle is being slightly altered for the end of June (2Q). Our deployment dates for the upcoming releases are as follows:
- May 8-9 (this one)
- May 22-23
- June 5-6
- June 26-27
Special Release NotesThere are some items we wanted to make you aware of that did not fit neatly into the typical Release Notes categories. Those items are:
- Admin How-To Videos now available! We have completed our first round of How-To videos for Echo360 Administrators and we think you will find them very helpful. See the Admin How-To Videos article in the Support center for a preview and link to the full set of videos.
- The Canvas Data API has been deprecated. Direct integration with Canvas using the Canvas Data API was released as a Beta feature in 2016 and found limited use. We have therefore deprecated the feature and removed it from the product. We have discussed this with all customers who were testing the feature, but if you find this removal to be a problem, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
- The number of logs returned in the Device Web UI and Rest API have been capped at 5000, to reduce some inconsistencies in the log display.
- Updated the API documentation article for direct-linking an LMS course to an Echo360 section to reflect recent updates to the Section API.
- Implemented better handling of case for email addresses, so that email address storage is fully case insensitive.
- Students who view a partial segment of a :30 second scene at something faster than 1x speed now get credit for the full segment in the percentage viewed calculation for Video View %.
- The Source column in the Admin Captures page now only shows the source device type (e.g., SCHD, PRO, UPLOAD) for the capture, and no longer shows the inputs (A V1 V2) configured for the room, which were often inconsistent with the inputs configured for the capture.
- Resolved an issue where the Device Web UI was unresponsive for Institutions that had single-sign-on (SSO) for devices configured.
- Resolved an issue where a "Capture Missed" alert could have been triggered for a capture that actually completed successfully.
- All Echo360 Admins should now be able to see the Audit Trail report regardless of delegated admin settings (if enabled) for the institution.
- Multiple Choice activities that contain an embedded image can now be repeatedly edited and no longer throw an undefined error.