These Release Notes contain a summary of changes made for the December 12-13, 2017 release of Echo360. For changes made in previous deployments, see the other Release Notes articles located in this Topic group, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE NOTE: Our typical two-week release cycle is being slightly altered to accommodate the year-end holidays and vacation schedules therein. Specifically, we are skipping what would be the regular two-week deployment at the end of December, and will resume regular deployments in January 2018.
Our deployment dates for the next releases are as follows:
- December 12-13 2017 (this one, the last deployment for 2017)
- January 9-10 2018
System-generated captures can be removed from their classes, and those classes can now be deleted. Administrators can now select to allow instructors the ability to unpublish (remove) appliance-generated captures from the classes created to hold them. Previously, these captures were inextricably linked to the classes and could not be unpublished. Now, administrators can unpublish the captures, and if appropriate, also allow Instructors to unpublish these captures from their sections. This capability would also allow instructors to delete those classes from their sections as necessary (once the captures are removed from each class).
See Enable/Disable Instructor Capture Unpublishing for more information.
Admin Alerts are now being implemented! Echo360 is beginning rollout of an Admin Alert feature to notify admins of system issues they may want to be aware of. Each Admin can select which alerts they wish to receive. Because the alerts are sent to the user’s email address, and because they are customizable by each user, the Alert Preferences configuration resides in the Account Settings section of Echo360.
See Customized Administrative Alerts for more information.
Echo360 CloudFront is being rolled out December 20th to all production regions.
What is CloudFront? Glad you asked! Amazon CloudFront is a web service that Echo360 will use to distribute Echo360 content to several geographic locations around the world, which are then used to deliver content from a more proximate location to the end user. This, in turn, will improve content playback performance and the overall user experience.
Echo360 has designed this change to be seamless and transparent. But if you have any questions or experience any issues with Echo360 during the transition to CloudFront, please contact Echo360 Support.
Begin transitioning to new online resource center. The support.echo360.com site is now up and running as the online support and resource center for users. As the first step in this transition, the Knowledge Base link in the footer of all email generated from Echo360 now points to support.echo360.com. In addition, a banner has been added to the existing Online Help site to note that users should begin to explore and use this new resource center, and redirect any existing links that point to help.echo360.org.
- We are now using MP4 rather than WMV for both Live and VOD captures created by Classroom Capture in a Windows 8.1/10 environment.
- The self-registration portal is no longer limiting time-zone selections.
- Schedule update via CSV now returns clearer error messages if required data is missing.
- Missed captures from a schedule are no longer disappearing from the Captures page and are instead appearing correctly in the Error list.
- Resolved an issue where Classroom Capture was crashing if the language was set to Finnish.
- Resolved an issue where the SafeCapture HD was not restarting properly if the restart flag was set during a capture.
- Captures migrated to Echo360 from an ESS instance no longer allow launching of the video editor (they cannot be edited in Echo360).