These Release Notes contain a summary of changes made for the newest releases of Echo360, listed by the date with the most recent changes listed first. For changes prior to those listed here, see previous release notes listed here, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Schedule CSV Imports for Create and Update are here! Echo360 now allows admins to create and update capture schedules via CSV import. As with all other CSV Imports from the Imports/Exports page, the Schedule CSV Import follows the Echo360 Public API for capture schedule generation, meaning many of the fields will look different than the old Schedule Import.
- See Imports: Schedules for details on the fields required and their formatting.
Better Security for User Access. While some might find these changes annoying because yes, it means more work to get into the system, Echo360 has added some significant security improvements including Captcha verification on the login page, and password complexity requirements for new users or users who need to change their password.
- See Account Settings for information on the new Password requirements.
Updates and Improvements to Windows, iOS, and Android versions of the Echo360 Mobile Apps! Among other things, Mobile updates include:
- Closed captioning in offline mode
- Allowing users to select Audio-only under the quality selection options
- Having the Apps automatically switch to Audio-only when going into "background mode" (to reduce data usage when video is not being actively viewed).
The Public API now returns 429 responses when the calls being run exceed 2/second (120/minute).
- We implemented "rate limiting" on the API calls to 2/second (120/minute) because too many calls too quickly from a single institution can throttle the system for the entire region. If you are using an API script and your script hits the rate limit, Echo360 will return 429 responses. If you receive 429 responses, implement pause/delay commands into the script between calls, to meter out the calls to below this limit. You may also need to obtain a new access token in order to resume.
- The Admin Dashboard now provides foreign language translations when the UI is set to one of the supported languages.
- Student Activity card details view now allows for filtering by Organization and Department. When clicking the Student Activity card in the Admin Dashboard, the data shown for student activity in sections can now be filtered by the Organization and/or Department to which the section’s course belongs.
- Student Pay process for institutions who are using that feature now allows students to complete the payment transaction.
- Tooltip on the confusion flag in the classroom no longer shows HTML tags around the tooltip text.
- The Schedule API now properly accepts the UUID for Room ID on schedule updates (PUT).
- Updated documentation to provide additional steps for completing the use of a Static IP address for a device configuration.
- Resolved an issue where the default device configurations for a POD conflicted with the default one-touch profile settings.
- Resolved an issue where proxy settings configured for a PRO device were not being retained on subsequent edits to the device configuration.
- Capture thumbnails are now showing up side-by-side in the Capturing tab of the Admin Captures page.