These Release Notes contain a summary of changes made for the April 30 - May 1, 2019 release of Echo360. For changes made in previous deployments, see the other Release Notes articles located in this Topic group, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to its significant issues with updated technology and security, effective immediately, Echo360 no longer supports the use of Internet Explorer 11 (IE11) with our platform. Officially tested browsers include: Chrome, Edge, Safari, and Firefox.
Also Note: Our typical two-week release cycle will continue as normal into May. However, to accommodate the US Memorial Day Holiday, we have adjusted our release cycle as follows:
- April 30 – May 1 (this one)
- May 14-15
- June 4-5 (three weeks from previous)
After that our release schedule will resume two-week intervals until mid-December.
Canvas can now accept Echo360 Video Assignment submissions from students. Echo360 now has a method for creating an external tool in Canvas that allows students to submit Echo360 videos, directly from their content library, in response to Canvas Assignments. Instructors can add Assignments that allow for Echo360 Homework Embed responses from students.
Once submitted as an assignment, Echo360 locks down the video and the student cannot edit or delete it.
- For admins, procedures for configuring the tool, see: Adding an Echo360 Homework Submission App for Canvas Assignments
- For instructors, procedures for setting up the Assignment to accept Echo360 video submissions: Creating a Canvas Assignment for Homework Submission from Echo360
- For students, procedures for submitting an Echo360 video from your content library: Submitting an Echo360 Video for your Canvas Assignment
Video Analytics Tab available in the new Content Details page. The new content details page for Instructors and Students, introduced with the last release, now has an Analytics tab. The new Analytics tab in the content details page provides basic viewing statistics for videos. These include number of views, time viewed, and average percentage of the video that users have played through.
- The countdown timer for live streams is now limited to 12 hours. If you enter a class with a live stream scheduled more than 12 hours in advance, you will now see the "No content has been added to this class" message.
- The “buffer” for a student entering a classroom to gain credit for attendance has been increased from 10 minutes to 45 minutes before the class start time.
- To make sharing to a course easier for instructors, the new Class Sharing panel now has both the Course Code listed with the Course Name in the Course drop-down list, as well as the Class Date along with Class Name in the Class drop-down list.
- The Classes drop-down list on the Students tab of the Analytics page now shows the Class Date along with the Class Name, making class selection easier.
- Resolved an issue with pausing/resuming a Universal Capture recording where the functionality was not always consistent when using keyboard shortcuts.
- Resolved an issue with Universal Capture: Personal where the upload progress screen and link to completed recording were not being shown when stopping a capture via the task/menu bar or the keyboard shortcut.
- Fixed an issue where when adding a device to a room, the select device list was not being populated correctly.
- When selecting to like/dislike or bookmark/unbookmark a Question from within the student’s Study Guide page, the icons and state now stay in sync and are reflected properly.
- Addressed an issue where closed captioning files could not be manually uploaded for a brief time (~12 hours). This issue was resolved with a Hotfix.
- Resolved an issue where some presentations were not showing up in the Mobile apps if published multiple times in the same section but with different availability settings.