These Release Notes contain a summary of changes made for the February 19-20, 2019 release of Echo360. For changes made in previous deployments, see the other Release Notes articles located in this Topic group, or contact email@example.com.
As of this release, Echo360 will begin removing raw/source media files that are over 12 weeks (84 days) old. Users will not notice any difference in access or functionality related to older media.
If you are not already familiar with it, we encourage you to review the following article, which explains more fully our policy surrounding file retention: Changes to Source Media File Retention
Universal Capture for Windows is now Available!! Echo360 Universal Capture is the simplest video application for education, providing uniform capabilities and a consistent user experience.
Universal Capture for Windows is now out of Beta testing and is available for all institutions to install and use.
See Universal Capture - Overview for details and links to further information and instructions.
Admin CSV Imports now support the V2 Schedule API. The most significant enhancement to this API for V2 is that admins can now reference the Schedule objects by name instead of by ID when creating or updating schedule. This capability is now available via the Version 2 Schedule CSV Imports.
In addition, the V2 Schedule Export is also available. V2 exports have the same structure (fields and order) as the imports request, making it easier to generate an export, change data, then reimport the updated file.
EnhancementsUniversal Capture has several improvements and enhancements going out with this release. They include:
- UC now allows users to add a description and/or tags to a recording from within the Universal Capture program.
- Universal Capture related Institution Toggles have been consolidated for easier use/setting by Admins.
- Universal Capture how has a better startup workflow, with a reduced countdown timer (from the original 11 seconds). Typically, the countdown will be 5 seconds, but may be between 5 - 10 seconds, depending on the computer being used.
- Activity Slides with embedded videos (i.e., from YouTube) are now being displayed properly when presented via the PowerPoint Slideshow functionality.
- Slides with a 16:9 aspect ratio are now being displayed properly in the classroom
- Removed the “Edit” button from the LMS Gradebook Export rows, as the functionality for re-directing an incoming link was not working properly. This functionality will be re-addressed in the future.
- Instructors can now use the Reset Activity button on an activity slide while viewing the slide in Full Screen. The popup modal to confirm resetting now properly appears in full-screen mode.
- Fixed data display issue in ASR Card in the Admin Dashboard
- Removed SSO/PingOne registration link from user invitation email, which was causing users to get stuck in a registration loop
- Fixed Audit Trail logging of bulk actions against objects in Echo360
- Replaced the back-end data source for the Capture Sources card on the Admin dashboard, to provide greater accuracy. In addition, we removed the modal display for the card, instead linking to the Admin Captures tab, which contains the same information regarding captures.
- Resolved an issue where Universal Capture: Personal would, on rare occasions, fail to upload correctly.
- Clicking the Echo360 logo in the Universal Capture Desktop application will now take you to your region-specific Echo360 site.
- Users will no longer see disabled institutions in the Institution selection list presented when the user selects to change their role or institution (clicking on name or avatar).