These Release Notes contain a summary of changes made for the October 30-31, 2018 release of Echo360. For changes made in previous deployments, see the other Release Notes articles located in this Topic group, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE NOTE: Our typical two-week release cycle will continue as normal into December. To accommodate the end of year holidays, there will be a 4-week break prior to the first deployment in January 2019. Our deployment dates for the upcoming releases are as follows:
- Oct 30-31 (this one)
- Nov 13-14
- Nov 27-28
- Dec 11-12
- Jan 8-9, 2019 (four weeks from previous)
Universal Capture for Windows is now available in Beta! It has the same updated, simple interface as the macOS versions, and allows users to create captures using any classroom or personal computer running Windows 10 (64-bit).
For more information on the beta program, contact email@example.com or your Customer Success Manager
The Public API now has v2 of the Schedule API. The new version allows users to create schedules via name lookup of sections, rooms, terms, etc. Users no longer need the Schedule IDs, which should make integrations easier. The .NET and the Java SDKs have ALSO been updated and are available for download from the Downloads page (if you are an Admin).
The v1 endpoints will continue to work, of course. The v2 schedule endpoints just provide additional functionality; remember to change the version number in the path you are using, if incorporating the new endpoints.
See https://echo360.org/api-documentation#!/schedules for the SwaggerDocs descriptions of the new endpoints (scroll down below the v1 Schedule endpoints). Be sure to substitute your regional base URL in the above link if you are outside of the US region.
- The Content Details view (also sometimes referred to as the Media Details view) now resides in its own page, rather than in a “modal” or page overlay. This addresses a number of accessibility issues that are native to overlays that do not exist for web pages.
The content details page still contains all of the same information and functionality it always has. The only difference you will notice is that there is no longer an X in the top right corner for closing the details view. Users must use the Back button on their browser to return to the previous page, or use the Main Menu commands across the top to navigate to their intended location.
- The ASR Details report now contains a monthly breakdown of ASR usage by Organization/Department.
- Users clicking on a Section Access Link that is set for Open Registration now have a more streamlined workflow that applies to both existing users and new, not-yet-registered users. Users providing their institution email addresses are directed to log in (if they already exist in Echo360) or are provided with the Registration page to complete account creation.
To accommodate the improved process, the Sign Up as New User link has been removed from the Login page; this ensures users don’t try to accidentally create a new user where one already exists, or that new users don’t accidentally create an account in the wrong institution.
- Creating a copy of a video or capture that has closed captions now also copies the captions file, so that the copy is also closed captioned properly
- Echo360 now works more smoothly with uploaded files whose names contain certain special characters. Subsequent downloads of these files now succeed without an error (error was due to a malformed URL pointing to the file).
- Admin Dashboard report selections are no longer appearing in the Imports/Exports page Type drop-down list.
- Section Access links now show the previously selected options if SSO is turned on or off for an institution after the links are generated. Users can edit the links and adjust the current selections based on what had previously been selected.
- The ASR Card now remains visible with usage data, even if the Institution Level ASR toggle is turned off (Org/Dept/Section level toggles may still be on if overrides are allowed).
- The ASR Card bar chart data is now being aggregated properly and showing correct usage figures.
- Addressed an issue where schedule updates and deletes done via the API, where the schedule publishes to multiple locations, could result in the schedule appearing in the UI but throwing an error because the processing of simultaneous changes was done incorrectly.
- Resolved an issue where some very old, uploaded media was being processed with the wrong dimensions.
- Fixed an issue where captures slated for non-weekly recurring schedules (occur once every 2 weeks, 3 weeks, etc.) could be missed.
- Fixed an issue where captures with disconnected inputs would occasionally display the paused icon instead of the intended disconnect icon.