These Release Notes contain a summary of changes made for the October 16-17, 2018 release of Echo360. For changes made in previous deployments, see the other Release Notes articles located in this Topic group, or contact email@example.com.
The Public API has a new set of endpoints for getting media information from your institution. All /medias/ calls are GET calls but allow you to retrieve a list of all media and their associated information from the system, or query for information about a particular piece of media by mediaId.
See https://echo360.org/api-documentation#!/medias/ for the SwaggerDocs UI of the new endpoints. (Be sure to substitute your regional base URL in the above link if you are outside of the US region.)
- The ASR card on the Admin Dashboard can now be clicked to show an ASR Usage report, which provides a breakdown of ASR usage by organization and department (or None where applicable).
Like other Admin Dashboard reports, the ASR usage report can be exported to CSV.
- In Safari, classroom playback now starts properly when play is clicked; users no longer have to scrub forward and backward to engage the playback functionality.
- Multiple closed caption requests are no longer inadvertently being submitted for the same media (typically a reprocess request made before original captions are returned).
- Addressed issues related to navigation of the Instructor Dashboard if the instructor is enrolled in a large number (>200) sections.
NOTE that some issues remain for Dashboards that need to load a very large number of sections, but these issues appear to be limited to IE and Edge browsers in Windows, and Safari for Mac.
- Updated documentation articles where information was out-of-date. To include the Audit Trail Report as well as multiple articles related to Canvas integration with Echo360.
- Captures initiated via the Start Capture button on the Instructor dashboard during the pre-roll period of a previously scheduled capture will no longer interfere with the scheduled capture, which takes precedence.
- Resolved an issue where some old slide decks were not showing thumbnails.
- Fixed an intermittent issue where some PROs could freeze and go offline.