Note: We have delayed this week's release due to complications and will have an update for our new release schedule soon.
These Release Notes contain a summary of changes made for the October 2-3, 2018 release of Echo360. For changes made in previous deployments, see the other Release Notes articles located in this Topic group, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ASR Service can now be enabled or disabled at all levels of the Echo360 hierarchy: Institution, Organization, Department, and Section. See Enable or Disable Automatic Transcription Service (ASR) for details and instructions.
- Searching for content within a section now includes results for video transcriptions. Transcripts appear in cross-content searches or can be searched specifically by selecting it from the Content type drop-down. See Searching Across a Section for details.
- The video player in both Embedded videos as well as Public Links now provide updated playback functionality, mimicking the options as well as the look/feel of video playback within a classroom.
- In the Rooms tab for Admins, if the active capture has been paused, the room now shows a “Paused” icon, in order to provide a more accurate status of the capture.
- Continued updates to Universal Capture, to provide full support for macOS 10.14 Mojave.
- Addressed an issue where multiple external programs could cause Echo360 to generate duplicate schedules or users by sending identical create/update commands at the same time via the API.
- JAWS screen reader now properly recognizes and reads control button labels for the classroom video player.
- Very wide images embedded via URL into Multiple Choice activities are now being downsized properly and no longer being vertically stretched when rendered in the slide viewer.
- Cleaned up some UI issues surrounding the discussions panel in the classroom, particularly where attached images and referenced slide/video locations were also present.
- One-off, non-recurring captures set for exclusion dates in a term now persist properly and complete and are published to the identified section(s) as expected.
- Resolved an issue surrounding the Device web UI for PRO appliances becoming unresponsive after monitoring or Ad hoc captures were begun.
- Users can now tab properly through the fields on the Capture Details page in Universal Capture.
- Instructors can now delete a class that has been edited if the associated capture schedule has been deleted.
- SCHD appliances will now automatically reboot in order to recover from certain errors.