These Release Notes contain a summary of changes made for the August 7-8, 2018 release of Echo360. For changes made in previous deployments, see the other Release Notes articles located in this Topic group, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Universal Capture: Classroom for MAC is now available!! Echo360 Universal Capture is the simplest video application for education, providing uniform capabilities, and a consistent user experience.
Universal Capture - Classroom Mode is now out of Beta testing and is available for all institutions to install and use.
Classroom mode requires the application be assigned to a Room but then allows recordings to be scheduled on the device. If access to the Cloud has been enabled, the device can also be controlled and monitored remotely.
See Universal Capture - Overview for details and links to further information and instructions.
- The Video Assets report is now being populated, but in order to speed up data population, returns the 10,000 most recently viewed/downloaded videos. The ability to generate a CSV Download of all video view report entries will be forthcoming in a future release.
In addition, the Video Assets report now provides column filters for filtering the information returned in the report.
- The Create Copy command now appears in the chevron menu for Shared with me media in a users’ Library (if copying of shared media is permitted).
- Deleting a Section now also properly deletes all associated Capture Schedules from the system (as long as those schedules publish to only the deleted section).
- LMS Instructors who are also Echo360 Administrators are now given the option to link to any Echo360 course/section, regardless of whether the institution-level setting limiting instructors to only selecting their sections is on or off.
- Echo360 Icon used in the More Tools menu (where applicable) for embedding Echo360 videos into Canvas Content windows has been resized to display properly in the list.
- Variety of fixes to the iOS version of the Mobile App, addressing critical issues. See the App Store list of changes for the newest update for details.
Known Issue: When attempting to upload recordings created using the native iOS screen recording tool, certain upload scenarios cause the recording to upload with no audio.
In order to retain audio on your recording, AirDrop the recording to your Desktop or Laptop, then upload from there.