These Release Notes contain a summary of changes made for the February 20-21, 2018 release of Echo360. For changes made in previous deployments, see the other Release Notes articles located in this Topic group, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE NOTE: Our typical two-week release cycle is being slightly altered for the end of March. Our deployment dates for the upcoming releases are as follows:
- February 20-21 (this one)
- March 6-7
- March 27-28
CSV Imports now provide Update LMS Course IDs Import – Using the Section ID, an admin can now update the LMS Course ID(s) linked to that Echo360 section. Furthermore, utilizing the LMS Courses field allows for setting the Default linking behavior to “true” for automated linking into the Echo section where an LMS course only links to one Echo section.
See the Update LMS Course IDs section of the Imports: Sections and Enrollments help article.
- Added .NET and JAVA SDK support for the DefaultLinksToSection field for api-driven LMS course > Echo section linking. Support has also been added to the CSV Section Import (see previous bullet point).
- Missed Captures Alert – Administrators can now select to receive email alerts for missed captures. See Customized Administrative Alerts for more details.
Cloud Usage Chart now appears on the main Admin Dashboard page, providing faster access to cloud usage details. In addition, the Organization and Department drop-down lists at the top of the Dashboard now also filter the Cloud Usage information shown in the chart. See Understanding the Admin DASHBOARD.
NOTE: While the institution-level chart shows the past 12-months of usage data, selecting to view usage for a specific organization or department yields the following differences:
> Only On-Demand data is shown; Live and Other is provided for the institution-level chart only.
> Data is displayed from the time the org/dept level data collection was implemented, approximately Jan 10-15, 2018 forward. February is the first full month of data.
The collection and rendering of cloud usage at the org/dept level was implemented on or around January 10th, meaning this lower-level data is consolidated and shown from that point on. Beginning with Feb 2018, the org/dept level charts will contain complete monthly data.
- Improved system performance logging in Windows PCAP during captures and addressed a recurring error in the logs (that did not impact capture).
- Resolved an issue where Canvas instructors who also had some Canvas admin rights (but were only Instructors in Echo360) were given a list of all captures in the institution for embedding rather than only those in their Library.
- Activity Correct % calculations now update properly if the activity is edited by the instructor. If the correct answer is changed, or if the instructor removes or adds a correct answer from the activity, existing student responses are recalculated to accurately reflect the changes.
- Notes Calculations for students as shown in the Instructor Analytics tab are again counting each word entered instead of each Note entry.
- Resolved an issue where Admins could not rename their LMS Configurations and were receiving unclear error messages on Save.
- Resolved an issue where having the Audio-only downloads toggle turned on was not restricting downloads of Powerpoint presentations from the class list.
- Students accessing public section links (as anonymous users) can search the section via the Search tab but are no longer provided with search results not accessible to anonymous users (Q&A entries in particular), leading to 404-Page not found errors.
- Resolved an issue where missed captures were displaying very long capture durations due to milliseconds being treated as minutes. New instances of these should no longer occur however the data cleanup for existing instances will be performed over the next few weeks.
- Fixes for the iOS version of the Echo360 Mobile App, which address issues such as: video capture and upload freezing issues, issues with accessing captures older than 30 days, and stability improvements for CloudFront resources.
- Fixes to the Student analytic data shown through the Scatterplot Graph for instructors (Section > Analytics > Engagement > Scroll to the bottom to see the graph). The data shown now more closely correlates to the data shown in the Students section of the Analytics tab.
- The EULA (end user licensing agreement) popup for new users now meets accessibility guidelines and is keyboard navigable.
- Instructors can now edit class names (titles) for classes even if those classes fall outside of the term dates for the section in which the class resides.
- Resolved an issue where instructors could not download class content if the Delay video availability toggle was on (which limits student access to videos until they are captioned). Instructors can now download content regardless of caption status if class list downloads are enabled.